LAS VEGAS Here's a look at the most anticipated Las Vegas restaurants, hotels, party rooms, corporate event venues, conference centers, and private rooms to open this year. These new and renovated Las Vegas venues can accommodate groups large or small for private and corporate events, meetings, business dinners, cocktail parties, conferences, weddings, and more.
1. SBE expands to Las Vegas with the debut of SLS Las Vegas this fall. The resort and casino will have 1,600 guest rooms and 30,000 square feet of meeting space. Known for its restaurant and nightlife brands, the property will include familiar partners the Bazaar by José Andrés, Katsuya by Starck, and Cleo. Its casino will include a sports book in collaboration with gaming company William Hill.
2. Brooklyn Bowl will open its first Las Vegas location as part of the next phase of the Linq, the new restaurant, retail, and entertainment corridor between the Quad Resort & Casino and the Flamingo Las Vegas. The massive music, dining, and, of course, bowling venue will hold 2,200. As in its Brooklyn base, Blue Ribbon Restaurants will serve food. It's scheduled to open February 28.
3. Caesars Entertainment is converting Bill's Gamblin' Hall & Saloon into a boutique property, but the project does not have a name after the company parted ways with intended partner Gansevoort. The hotel is scheduled to open in the spring with entertainment venues such as Drai’s Beach Club and Nightclub, Drai’s After Hours, a signature lobby bar, and Giada De Laurentiis's first restaurant. Caesars is expected to announce a new name in the next few weeks.
4. Food Network über-host Giada De Laurentiis plans to open her first restaurant at the new Caesars hotel this spring. The still-unnamed 300-seat restaurant will focus on her Italian heritage with California influences. The design includes an open kitchen, indoor and outdoor seating, and private dining space.
5. Chef Daniel Boulud plans to open DB Brasserie at the Venetian this spring. If that sounds familiar, it's because Boulud closed another version of the concept in Las Vegas in 2010. The new restaurant is being built alongside the hotel's casino in the former home of Italian restaurant Valentino.
6. Cleo, whose debut location at the Redbury in Hollywood opened in 2010, will expand with its first Las Vegas location at SLS Las Vegas. The 4,000-square-foot restaurant will feature contemporary Mediterranean cuisine from chef Danny Elmaleh. The space will include a special area for ceremonial plate-breaking, an experience offered to diners celebrating special occasions.
7. This summer South Point Arena and Equestrian Center is planning to finish a 100,000-square-foot expansion called the Priefert Pavilion. The $35 million project comprises two new climate-controlled arena venues. In addition, South Point Hotel, Casino and Spa is in the midst of $3 million in additional property enhancements. The center boasts more than 30 weeks of equestrian events scheduled each year.
8. Cannery Casino & Hotel just opened the Galaxy Luxury Movie Theater. Its amenities include cushioned leatherette reclining seats with powered footrests, stadium seating, Dolby Atmos sound, and a 500-seat Digital Fusion Experience auditorium. The theater has a gourmet sausage bar as well as beer and wine on tap.
9. Technically the Chelsea opened on New Year's Eve, but the new performance and event space at the Cosmopolitan of Las Vegas is a major new venue. The 40,000-square-foot space includes cast glass chandeliers, a vintage-style lobby bar, and a decorative grand staircase that leads to V.I.P. opera boxes. The room accommodates 3,000 guests or can be configured for 2,565-person theater-style general sessions, 900-person classroom-style events, 750-person banquet-style events, or 65 10- by 10-square-foot booths.
10. Martorano’s is opening a new location at Paris Las Vegas. The concept will serve its signature hearty Italian dishes such as the Eggplant Stack, South Philly Cheesesteak, and Rigatoni Sunday Pork Gravy. The spot is expected to have about 200 seats including at a large bar area and on a patio. During the evenings the space will transition into a nightclub with live DJ sets and broadcasts of classic mob movies.