By Mitra Sorrells Posted October 4, 2011, 5:23 PM EDT
2. The Renaissance Orlando at Sea World just completed a five-year, $35 million renovation project. The project included the addition of an 8,000-square-foot lawn for private events located next to the pool and two new meeting rooms on the second floor, bringing the total number to 23. Meeting space options range from two board rooms with seating for 12 each to a 2,000-square-foot room that can be divided with an air wall.
3. In May, the Sonesta Hotel in downtown Orlando became the DoubleTree by Hilton Orlando Downtown. The 341-room hotel overlooking Lake Ivanhoe has 20,000 square feet of indoor meeting space and a 15,000-square-foot pool deck on the fourth floor. In the next month, the hotel will have updated high-speed Internet service and a new fitness center.
4. The Hyatt Regency Grand Cypress completed a major renovation of its 65,000 square feet of meeting space and 815 guest rooms earlier this year. The 29 meeting rooms have new contemporary furniture and computerized Lutron lighting technology. Each room now has a digital LCD screen outside the door that can be programmed to display information or logos. In addition to the meeting rooms, the event space at the Hyatt Regency Grand Cypress includes a 24,000-square-foot ballroom and a 17,000-square-foot exhibit hall. There is also 7,000-square-feet of prefunction space that now has sheer panels suspended from the ceiling that can be pulled to separate the space.
5. The Embassy Suites Tampa Airport-Westshore completed its first renovation in the property’s 24-year history in February, which added a new outdoor event space. The 3,500-square-foot terrace on the second floor overlooks the pool and fountain and can be tented if necessary. The hotel’s lobby and restaurant were also renovated with new flooring, lighting, paint and decor. Next on the renovation schedule will be updates to guest suites and new carpet and lighting for the 6,000 square feet of indoor event space.
6. In January the Renaissance Tampa International Plaza completed renovation of its meeting spaces with all new carpeting, paint, air wall dividers and chairs. The hotel has an 8,000-square-foot ballroom that can be divided into eight smaller rooms. There are also five breakout rooms, a board room, prefunction space and a 7,200-square-foot courtyard. The renovation project also included upgrades to the hotel's guest rooms and fitness center.