- Audiovisual Production Michael Andrews Audio Visual Services
- Design (invites and program) Carmen DeMichael
- DJ Hank Lane Music and Productions
- Event Management, Fundraising Resource & Event Management
- Flowers Philip Baloun Studio Designs
- Gift bag RTR Packaging
- Venue The Plaza Grand Ballroom
Search our directory
There was not one pledge break at Public Broadcasting Station (PBS) Thirteen/WNET New York's annual gala salute in honor of Governor George Pataki, Charlie Rose, Walter Shipley and Rosalind Walter. Instead of mugs and tote bag giveaways, 400 people enjoyed a meal in the Plaza ballroom, a video tribute to the honorees, the wonderful Beverly Sills as M.C. and a performance by Tony Bennett.
Hilary Vlachos, Thirteen's managing director of development relations worked with Philip Baloun to create an old-fashioned nightclub feel complete with table lamps and palm trees in the Plaza's elegant ballroom. Each table was covered with roses and scattered rose petals as a tribute to Rose (for the obvious reason) and Governor Pataki (because the rose is the state flower of New York). The highlight of the evening was a documentary tribute to the honorees, which included interviews with Walter Cronkite and Mike Wallace.