- Air Star Lighting Units Empire Force Events
- Audiovisual Production Corporate Audio Visual Services
- Bar, Staffing, Venue Metropolitan Pavilion
- Catering (Cake) Bridgewaters & Twenty Four Fifth
- Catering (Buffet Station) FoodWorks Flatiron
- Catering (Passed Food) The Catering Company
- DJ Touch of Class DJ and Video
- Masseuses Oasis Day Spa
- Piping & Draping Drape Kings
- Rentals (Tables/Chairs/Linens) Broadway Party Rentals
- Rentals (Lounge Furniture) CORT Event Furnishings
- Rentals (Glassware, Utensils) Something Different Party Rental
Search our directory
NEW YORK After a quiet summer and a fairly restrained first half of September, event planners mixed and mingled at a reception hosted by Metropolitan Pavilion. It was sort of a back-to-school dance for the special event set, designed to show off the new lobby at the venue's 19th Street entrance. The event also included a thank-you to NYC & Company's Convention, Exhibits, Meetings and Events Committee (CEME), which was formed after the September 11 attacks to help bring hospitality business to New York.
The party filled the north section of the venue with event industry pros and a slate of vendors looking to show off what they can do. Musters & Company designed a blue look for the space, hanging blue fabric and blinking lights from the ceiling above the bar, and putting out blue tablecloths. Frost Lighting created a textured lighting effect on the venue's bare white walls, rotating through shades of red, green, blue, purple and yellow. Empire Force Events also put out a pair of giant Airstar balloons.
The Catering Company served passed hors d'oeuvres including bite-sized chicken club sandwiches with chipotle aioli and Cuban pressed sandwiches with rum-crusted country ham, manchego cheese and green olives. FoodWorks Flatiron put out a Caribbean-themed buffet with raw veggies, tortilla chips and mango salsa.
For entertainment, the New Standards Jazz Band played a jazz mix and masseuses from Oasis Day Spa offered quick massages.