- Benefit for environmental awareness nonprofit Inform, with cocktails and a buffet dinner at Sardi's, followed by a performance of Follies and post-show dessert reception at the Belasco Theatre.
- New York City Opera's Divas Get Down gala reception, dinner and cabaret performance, at Studio 54, with entertainment by Peter Duchin and his orchestra and PR by Fitz & Company.
- Opening and cocktail reception for “Aluminum: Jewelry to Jets” exhibition at the Cooper-Hewitt National Design Museum.
- Wine Pairing Dinner: Touring Northern Rhone from Condrieu to Hermitage at Cafe Boulud.
- Inside and Publishers Weekly's Book Industry Summit at the Millennium Broadway Hotel.
- The Economist Group's e-Business Summit New York at the Waldorf=Astoria (through 3.20.01).
- The American Scandinavian Society's Towards a Stronger United Nations reception and presentation by Harri Holkeri, president of the 55th General Assembly of the United Nations, at the Consulate General of Finland.
- Party for “Viva Verdi” exhibition at the Gallery at Lincoln Center.
- The American Academy of Arts and Sciences fellows meeting and presentation of their Scholar-Patriot Scholarship Award at the auditorium of the Time-Life Building.
- John Wiley & Sons' Chef's Night Out, by Andrew Dornenburg and Karen Page, book party at Peter Kump's New York Cooking School.
- Informal showing of Chanel's spring/summer 2001 ready-to-wear collection at La Caravelle.
- The Lambda Legal Defense and Education Fund's benefit performance of Invention of Love at the Lyceum Theatre, with dinner at District Restaurant.
- Poets and Writers' 30th anniversary and In Celebration of Writers wards dinner at the Altman Building.
- Dress for Success benefit dinner at the Regent Wall Street.
- Sir John Soane's Museum Foundation's Grand Tour: Italy in the Footsteps of Soane reception and dinner at the Union Club.
- Pasteur Foundation benefit concert performance and dinner at Avery Fisher Hall, with event management by Lorelei Enterprises.
- Gen Art & Texas Instruments' advance screening of Very Mean Men at the AMC Empire, with after-party at Sugar.
- Preview of “Bit-Streams” and “Data Dynamics” exhibitions at the Whitney Museum of American Art.
- Pre-opening cocktail party at Artisanal.
- Performance of The Producers to benefit the Association for the Help of Retarded Children at the St. James Theatre, with a dinner at the Marriott Marquis.
- International Radio & Television Society Foundation's Gold Medal dinner at the Waldorf=Astoria.
- Silicon Alley iBreakfast Club's M&A Mania breakfast at the Marriott Marquis.
- AlleyCat News' Minority Entrepreneurs Dinner & Venture Fair, with cocktails and dinner, at the Marriott World Trade Center.
- Guess/In Style party celebrating Guess eyewear at Bowlmor, with PR by Lizzie Grubman & Peggy Siegal Public Relations.
- Profit from Trillion Dollar Markets: Internet & eCommerce conference at the Marriott East Side.
- Benefit for The Retreat, a domestic-violence agency, at Doubles in the Sherry Netherland Hotel.
- HeartShare Human Services of New York awards dinner at the Marriott Marquis.
- Chinese Porcelain Company cocktails at the Frick Collection.
- Broadcasting & Cable magazine and the NY Chapter of the National Academy of Television Arts & Sciences' Television/Internet Conference at the Marriott Marquis.
- The sixth International Asian Art Fair gala benefit for the Asia Society at the Seventh Regiment Armory.
- Prevent Blindness New York's Person of Vision awards cocktail reception at the Sky Club.
- Covenant House's A Light at the End of the Tunnel Night cocktail party for young professionals at Solas.
- Harlem YMCA Black Achievers in Industry awards dinner at the New York Hilton.
- iSupportCharity.org's Celebrity Inspired Collections benefit at Long Fine Art gallery, with live art auction assisted by Phillips Auctioneers to benefit the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation.
- Mark Morris Dance Group's celebration of its new dance center in Brooklyn, with catering and decor by the Catering Company, and entertainment by Tom Finn Productions.
- Sama Eyewear party at Drive In Studios, with entertainment by the Screaming Queens, catering by Matthew Kenney Catering & Events and PR by Harrison & Shriftman.
- Sunnybates Associates' Winter Luau office party in the company's offices.
- Winebrats' Chefs Without Hats tastings event at Limelight.
- Levi's party at Sun Studios.
- GlobalVentureNetwork.com's annual Venture Capital & Private Equity Global Summit at the Metropolitan Club.
- Metropolitan Opera Association's 41st annual ball, with performance and dinner at the Metropolitan Opera House.
- Lesbian & Gay Community Services Center's Women's Event dinner dance at the Marriott Marquis.
- Doe Fund's second annual Evening on Ice junior ball at Nicole's.
- DeGustibus at Macy's Cooking School presents A Taste of Spain: Sherry, Cheese and Tapas, with PR by M. Young Communications.
- New York office of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences' Oscar party at Le Cirque 2000. More about this event...
- New Federal Theatre's 30th anniversary celebration performance and dinner at Sardi's.
- Body Positive's fifth annual Academy Awards party at Twirl.
- Oscar Night Gala, Academy Awards viewing party at Dewey's Flatiron.
- Entertainment Weekly's Oscar party at Elaine's.
- Variety - The Children's Charity telethon on the PAX network, with performances by Chez-zam.
More past party reports...