Posted February 15, 2006, 1:35 PM EST
- Costume Institute benefit party at the Metropolitan Museum of Art, with dancing and preview of the “Jacqueline Kennedy: The White House Years” exhibition, with decor by Robert Isabell. More about this event...
- New York Women in Communications' Matrix awards luncheon, with menu selected by the event's M.C., Gourmet magazine editor-in-chief Ruth Reichl, at the Waldorf=Astoria.
- PEN American Center benefit dinner at the New York State Theatre, with PR by Nadine Johnson.
- The Kitchen's spring benefit dinner at the Roxy, with event production by MF Productions.
- Big Brothers Big Sisters of New York City's Sidewalks of New York dinner at the Waldorf=Astoria, with floral design by Botanical Design and event management by Vantage Consulting Group.
- Irving Berlin On Broadway benefit performance and reception at the New-York Historical Society.
- Jewish Community Center of Manhattan's Charting Our Course Home spring benefit dinner, at the Rose Center at the American Museum of Natural History.
- Young Audiences New York's Children's Arts Medal awards presentation at the Hudson Theatre, with event management by Buckley Hall Events.
- Jewish Women's Foundation of New York benefit luncheon at the Rainbow Room, with event management by Lorelei Productions.
- Cooper-Hewitt National Design Museum's “A Room with a View: Landscape and Wallpaper” exhibition opening reception at the museum.
- City Arts' Making a Difference Through the Arts benefit aboard Affairs Afloat's Queen of Hearts ship.
- Parks Council's lunchtime press conference in Bryant Park and annual dinner at the Bryant Park Grill.
- Multiple Myeloma Research Foundation's fund-raising dinner, honoring Yankees' pitching coach Mel Stottlemyre at Cipriani 42nd Street.
- Web Advertising 2001 conference at the New York Marriott World Trade Center (through 04.25.01).
- Kips Bay Boys and Girls Club Decorator Show House preview gala with reception at the Americas Society.
- Breakthrough Account Specific Marketing Strategies conference at the New York Helmsley Hotel (through 04.24.01).
- Aaron Davis Hall benefit honoring Maya Angelou at the hall.
- Merchant Ivory Foundation's American premiere screening of The Golden Bowl at the Paris Theater, with reception and auction at Steuben, with catering by Bukhara Grill.
- Fountain House's Corporate Responsibility awards dinner at the University Club.
- Bevi e Mangia! Italian food and wine benefit for the Muscular Dystrophy Association, with tastings from Palio, Coco Pazzo, Tuscan Square and others, with PR by Derringer & Weitz, at the Roosevelt Hotel.
- Kips Bay Boys and Girls Club Decorator Show House junior gala at the Americas Society (show house open through 05.20.01).
- New York Weill Cornell Medical Center's Lying in Hospital benefit reception at the Giorgio Armani store.
- Hello Friend/Ennis William Cosby Foundation gala, with M.C. Jerry Seinfeld, at Pier Sixty.
- City Harvest's Practical Magic Ball at the Pierre.
- Rheedlen Centers for Children and Families' Friend of the Children awards dinner honoring MTV president Judy McGrath, at the Plaza, with event management by Event Associates.
- The Black Alumni of Pratt Institute's Creative Spirit awards at the Waldorf=Astoria.
- Jeffrey Modell Foundation's Spring Ahead annual gala at the Waldorf=Astoria.
- Young women's division of the UJA-Federation of New York's spring luncheon at the St. Regis, with speaker Diane von Furstenberg.
- Helen Keller Services for the Blind's Louis C. Wills luncheon at the New York Marriott Brooklyn.
- Juilliard School of Music's My Favorite Things performance and dinner at the school, with catering by Robbins Wolfe Eventeurs.
- Internet Healthcare 2001 conference at the Metropolitan Pavilion (through 04.25.01).
- Women In New-media's (WIN) Dot-com Crash: Why it's Healthy & Beneficial for the Industry luncheon at the Yale Club.
- Creative Arts Workshops for Kids' summer camp fund-raiser at Halo.
- NAACP Diversity and High-tech career fair at the Expo Center at Madison Square Garden.
- iLounge's Career Lounge networking event at Eugene.
- Share Our Strength's Taste of the Nation tasting event at the Grand Hyatt New York, with PR by KB Network News.
- New York Society of Association Executives' Technology Vendor showcase at the Graduate Center at CUNY.
- New York City Opera's Artist Awards Luncheon at the Carlyle Hotel.
- Alumni Association of the Fashion Institute of Technology's (FIT) spring auction and buffet at the Katie Murphy Amphitheater at FIT.
- American Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals' Bergh Ball at the Plaza.
- Drawing Center's exhibition preview reception for “Between Street and Mirror: the Drawings of James Ensor.”
- Henry Street Settlement's Casablanca-themed benefit at the Puck Building, with catering by Match Catering & Eventstyles and event planning and PR by Nixon Richman.
- Crain's New York's Digital Breakfast Forum at the Marriott Marquis.
- New menu food tastings and cocktail party at Blake's, with planning and PR by Prince Event Group.
- “Brand Black” panel discussion on race as a brand, featuring Fab Five Freddie, at the Art Directors Club.
- Winterberry Group's internetDM Breakfast Circle at the Marriott Marquis.
- Manhattan Chamber of Commerce's ABC's of Finding, Compensating and Keeping Talent panel discussion at Club 101.
- JSG Consulting's Profit from Trillion Dollar Markets: Internet & Ecommerce at the New York Marriott East Side.
- New York Armory Antiques Show at the Seventh Regiment Armory (through 04.29.01).
- VoDSL (Voice Over DSL) Conference at Windows on the World (through 04.26.01).
- m-Commerce for Financial Services conference at the New York Marriott East Side (through 04.26.01).
- “The Life & Times of a Japanese Internet Entrepreneur in New York” lecture and cocktail reception at the Japan Society.
- Webby awards nominations ceremony at the Emporio Armani store on Madison Avenue.
- The Women of Silicon Alley Summit II at the New York Marriott World Trade Center.
- Conde Nast Traveler's annual “Hot List” issue party at the Chambers Hotel, with floral design by Michael George Inc. and event production and PR by Swell Productions.
- Studio Museum in Harlem's Contemporary Friends benefit and opening of “Freestyle” exhibition, at the museum, with catering by Great Performances, and after-party at Jimmy's Uptown.
- Children's Hearing Institute's annual dinner at Cipriani 42nd Street.
- American Skin Association's Bells Are Ringing benefit performance at the Plymouth Theatre, followed by dinner at Barbetta.
- Skowhegan School of Painting and Sculpture's awards dinner at the Plaza.
- Marymount Manhattan College's President's Medaldinner at the Metropolitan Club.
- New York Botanical Garden's Antique Garden Furniture preview party and collectors' plant auction at the garden.
- Talbot Perkins Children's Services' Champions for Children awards dinner at the Waldorf=Astoria.
- Brooklyn Museum of Art's spring gala at the museum.
- Silicon Alley iBreakfast Club's Touched by an Angel conference at the Marriott Marquis.
- Guerilla and Grassroots Strategies conference at the Regal U.N. Plaza Hotel (through 04.27.01).
- Wall Street Reporter's Private Equity Focus: New Options for Maximizing Value - How Investors are Gaining Liquidity in the Secondary Market at the Yale Club.
- Levy Lighting's showroom event at the company studio.
- Net Quotient Consulting Group office party catered by Fabulous Food.
- Young patrons of the New York Public Library's fund-raising party, at the library.
- New York-Presbyterian Hospital's benefit dinner dance at the Waldorf=Astoria with a performance by Donna Summer.
- Essence Communications' Essence Awards at Madison Square Garden.
- Thirty Dancing martini tasting and dancing at Metronome.
- Steve Cohen's Chamber Magic conjuring performance at the National Arts Club.
- Marine Corps Scholarship Foundation's Leatherneck Scholarship Ball at the Hilton New York, with event management by Projects Plus.
- Metropolitan Opera's Lindemann Young Artists Development Program concert at the Metropolitan Opera House.
- Miracle House's Orchid Open House and cocktail reception at the M.H. Larkspur Flower Shop.
- Cancer Care's Spring Affair cocktail party with dancing at Float.
- Kosciuszko Foundation annual dinner ball at the Waldorf=Astoria.
- New York Tabletop Market at Forty One Madison - New York Merchandise Mart, 225 Fifth Avenue and 230 Fifth Avenue (through 05.03.01).
- WBLS & WLIB's Spring Home Buyers Expo at the Expo Center at Madison Square Garden.
- New York Bridal Market at the Metropolitan Pavilion (through 05.01.01).
- Belmont Stakes Fair's Kids Workshop at Belmont Park Racetrack (through 04.29.01).
- “Ethics, the Environment and Architecture” seminar for architects, theologians and educators at the Cathedral of St. John the Divine.
- Gilda's Club of Northern New Jersey and Gilda's Club Worldwide gala, with M.C. Charles Osgood and honoring Queen Noor of Jordan, at the Waldorf=Astoria, with event production by Paulen-Cleary Productions.
- James Beard Foundation Journalism Awards dinner at the Grand Hyatt, with PR by M. Young Communications.
- New Museum of Contemporary Art's annual gala benefit at the Regent Wall Street, with PR by Livet Reichard.
- Elizabeth Glaser Pediatric AIDS Foundation's Kids For Kids carnival, performances and art activities at the Wollman Rink in Central Park, with tents by Starr Tents, decor by Robert Isabell, and event production and management by Empire Entertainment.
- Cocktail reception and presentation of the FIT Award of Design Excellence in conjunction with the New York Tabletop Market, at 225 Fifth Avenue.
- Fund-raising dinner for the Museum of Jewish Heritage, with Rupert Murdoch as speaker, at the Waldorf=Astoria.
- The James Beard Foundation and Bon Appetit's Chefs' Night Out party in celebration of the James Beard Awards, at Tuscan Steak.
- Cocktail reception and dinner in celebration of James Beard's 98th birthday, at Brasserie 8 1/2.
Previous party reports...