Los Angeles , California - August 11, 2008 - David Adler, C.E.O. and founder of BizBash Media, the comprehensive resource for professional event and meeting planners and marketers, and Elisabeth Familian, president of BizBash Los Angeles, announced today the formation of the company's first Los Angeles advisory board. The 10-member board, comprised of many Los Angeles event industry leaders, will advise the company on everything from market opportunities to nominations of additional event professionals to the BizBash Los Angeles Hall of Fame. The company also has high-profile advisory boards in Washington, D.C., and Chicago.
According to Adler, "All the members of Los Angeles advisory board are community role models who are dedicated to the mission of enhancing the industry and being mentors to future generations. We are so excited to have such a prestigious group who are genuinely dedicated to the Los Angeles event and meeting industry."
The BizBash Los Angeles Board of Advisors includes:
- John Chuck, chief executive officer and owner, ELS
- Hollace Davids, senior vice president, special projects, Universal Pictures
- Marc Friedland, founder and creative director, Creative Intelligence Inc.
- Judy Levy, co-owner, Levy Pazanti & Associates
- Mary Micucci, founder and president, Along Came Mary Productions
- Ellen Pazanti, co-owner, Levy Pazanti & Associates
- Pat Ryan, president, Party Planners West Inc.
- Mike Stern, executive vice president, Classic Party Rentals
- Katy Sweet, president, Katy Sweet & Associates Inc.
- Cyd Wilson, director of creative development, People/In Style
Los Angeles is one of the most visible event communities in the world. With $3 billion in event and meeting spending annually, the economic impact on the area is significant. The events produced in Los Angeles set trends worldwide. Through its magazines, Web sites, and events, BizBash has been spreading the word about the Los Angeles community since 2005 by providing virtual "backstage passes" that enable planners from around the world to see how high-profile and low-profile L.A. events are produced from beginning to end.
Since its founding in 2000, BizBash Media has become the industry's leading source for inspiration, smart marketing strategies, and useful tools, helping to revolutionize the ways event professionals get ideas and connect with each other. BizBash serves 18 major markets with its local magazines, events, and individual market Web sites (for New York, Los Angeles, Chicago, Washington, D.C., Toronto, and Florida), as well as with its National Venue Guide, which covers an additional 12 markets.
Investors include Milestone Venture Partners; William F. Reilly, former chairman and C.E.O. of Primedia; H. John Greenious, former chairman and C.E.O. of Nabisco; Mathew Bronfman; and Michael Lynton, C.E.O. of Sony Pictures.
- 30 -