Chicago BizBash Readers’ Choice Awards for 2011 Include Winners From Groupon, XA the Experiential Agency, Museum of Science and Industry, Lincoln Park Zoo, Platinum Events
|Chicago—August 19, 2011—BizBash, the leading B2B media company for the event planning industry, announced the winners of the 2011 BizBash Chicago Readers’ Choice Awards at a ceremony held at the BizBash Expo on Thursday, August 18, at the Merchandise Mart.|
Chicago BizBash readers and online users nominated and then voted on finalists in 10 categories, including Event Producer of the Year, Venue Manager of the Year, Caterer of the Year, and Association/Nonprofit Event Planner of the Year. Finalists campaigned heavily, especially on social platforms like Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn, resulting in nearly 45,000 votes.
The award presentation was attended by top event and meeting professionals and vendors in the event industry, including caterers, audiovisual companies, lighting and sound companies, venue managers, and decor and design companies.
2011 BizBash Chicago Readers’ Choice Award Winners
Founded in 2000, BizBash is the leading trade media for the event industry. BizBash publishes magazines and e-newsletters and produces Web sites, trade shows, and award shows for corporate event and meeting professionals, event marketers, and sales, PR, fund-raising, and human resource executives. BizBash serves Boston, Chicago, Las Vegas, Los Angeles, Miami, New York, Orlando, Toronto, and Washington.
- Association/Nonprofit Planner of the Year: Erin Dahl, Lincoln Park Zoo
- Caterer of the Year: Rita Gutekanst, Limelight Catering
- Corporate Event Planner of the Year: Noelle Provencial, Groupon
- DJ of the Year: Carey Smolensky, Mobile Music Interactive Entertainment
- Event Designer of the Year: Rick Cosgrove, agencyEA
- Event Producer of the Year: Justin Jacobson, Platinum Events
- Lighting Designer of the Year: Dennis Remer, Frost Lighting
- Publicist/PR Executive of the Year: Amanda Puck, XA, the Experiential Agency
- Social Event Planner of the Year: Anthony Navarro, Liven It Up Events
- Venue Manager of the Year: Linda Kingsley, Museum of Science and Industry
- 30 -