Event Style Awards Finalists Face Off October 19 At BizBash New York Expo & Awards
Events from HBO, Out Magazine, James Beard Foundation, Rachel Ray, Blackberry, amfAR, Gilt City Among Nominees
|New York City—October 11, 2011—Today, BizBash, announced the finalists for their annual Event Style Awards. Now in its ninth year, the 2011 BizBash Event Style Awards features fourteen categories including Best Corporate or Association Event Concept, Best Catering at an Event, Best Entertainment, Best Invitation Design, Best New Event Product, Best PR stunt, and more.
This year's finalist include Michael Jackson's Album Release Party, Everyday With Rachel Ray Relaunch, Out Magazine's Out 100, HBO's Boardwalk Empire premiere, the New York City Ballet's Fall Gala, Foo Fighters Garage Tour presented by Blackberry, and AOL's One-Year-Spin-off Anniversary Celebration.
The full list of finalists is available at: http://www.bizbash.com/announcing_the_finalists_for_the_2011_bizbash_new_york_event_style_awards/newyork/story/21500.
Winners will be announced at an award ceremony at the BizBash New York Expo on October 19 at the Jacob K. Javits Center in Manhattan. For more information about the Expo, to register, or to exhibit, visit www.bizbashnewyorkexpo.com.
THE FINALISTS ARE AS FOLLOWS:
Best Catering at an Event
- amfAR’s Inspiration Gala – Submitted by Canard Inc.
- Everyday With Rachel Ray Relaunch – Submitted by Mary Giuliani Catering and Events
- Target Read Across America Campaign Press Event – Submitted by Creative Edge Parties
Best Corporate or Association Event Concept (Budget Under $50,000)
- International Special Event Society New York Metro Chapter’s Sustainability Forum and Marketplace – Submitted by I.S.E.S.
- James Beard Foundation Awards – Submitted by Mark Stephen Design
- Park Here Pop-Up Park – Submitted by Openhouse Gallery
Best Corporation or Association Event Concept (Budget Over $50,000)
- AOL’s One-Year Spin-Off Anniversary Celebration - Submitted by AOL
- Innovation for All Incentive Program - Submitted by Event Spectrum Inc.
- Michael Jackson Album Release Party – Submitted by Team Epiphany
- Out Magazine’s Out 100 – Submitted by Shiraz Events
- SL Green Reality Corporation’s GreenDeal Awards – Submitted by SL Green Reality Corporation
Best Entertainment Program
- AOL Makes Over Manhattan – Submitted by AOL
- Foo Fighters Garage Tour Presented by Blackberry – Submitted by MAC Presents
- MasterCard World's Fair – Submitted by BKA
Best Invitation Design
- Gilt City Hamptons House Debut - Submitted by RedBliss Invitation Design
- The Knot Industry Gala – Submitted by Ceci New York
- National Stationery Show – Submitted by Hannah Handmade
- Nespresso SoHo Boutique Grand Opening - Submitted by Mas Event & Design
- New York Junior League’s Elegance Throughout Time Event - Submitted by Marc Friedland Couture Communications
Best Lighting Design
- Charlie Chaplain Limelight Press Launch - Submitted by Levy Lighting
- Haru at Happy Monkey Studios Offsite Catering Showcase - Submitted by Levy Lighting
- Starwood Hotels Conference - Submitted by Levy Lighting
- UN General Assembly 65th Anniversary – Submitted by Levy Lighting
- USA Network Upfront - Submitted by Bentley Meeker Lighting & Staging Inc.
Best New Product
- Foil-Embossed Fabrics - Submitted by Rose Brand
- Heineken x Union LA 6-Pack of T-Shirts - Submitted by Team Epiphany
- iMingle - Submitted by Foto Novelty Inc.
- IML Connector - Submitted by IML
- JuiceBar Charging Station - Submitted by Pink Powered by Moss
Best New Venue
- Bowlmor Lanes Midtown – Submitted by Bowlmor Lanes
- Frames Bowling Lounge – Submitted by Frames Bowling Lounge
- Gallery on Lex at the Grand Hyatt New York – Submitted by Grand Hyatt New York
Best Nonprofit Event Concept
- AOLers Kick Off Shoes and Kick Back – Submitted by AOL
- Brides White Hot Style Shop Pop-up – Submitted by Canard Inc.
- Rob Pruitt's Art Awards – Submitted by Production Glue LLC
- St. Luke's Gets Tropical – Submitted by Nancy Swiezy Events
- Women's Association of NJPAC Spotlight Gala – Submitted by NJPAC
Best Overall Event Decor (Budget Over $50,000)
- Executive Leadership Council Recognition Gala – Submitted by Fourth Wall Events
- HBO’s Boardwalk Empire Premiere Party – Submitted by Invision Events
- Magnum Ice Cream Launch – Submitted by Frank Alexander NYC
- Nespresso SoHo Boutique Grand Opening – Submitted by Mas Event + Design
- Patek Philippe Product Showcase – Submitted by Frank Alexander NYC
Best Overall Event Decor (Budget Under $50,000)
- Asia’s Society’s Celebration of Asia Week Benefit – Submitted by Silhouette Group
- Celebration of Save Venice’s Un Ballo in Maschera – Submitted by Ron Wendt Design
- New York City Ballet’s Fall Gala – Submitted by Ron Wendt Design
- Piaget Limelight Garden Party – Submitted by Shiraz Events
- Pool Lane-Themed Advertising Week Event for VivaKi – Submitted by Fourth Wall Events
Best PR Stunt or Guerrilla Marketing Campaign
- Celebrities, Cupcakes, and a Cause for AOL’s Birthday – Submitted by AOL
- Hendrick's Gin Enchanted Forest of Curiosities Promotion - Submitted by Maloney & Fox
- Malaysia Kitchen for the World Event for Promoting Tourism & Cultural Awareness – Submitted by Production Glue LLC
- NBCU Healthy Week's Go Healthy Step-A-Thon Times Square Installation – Submitted by the Michael Alan Group
- USA Network Summer Screenings – Submitted by XA the Experiential Agency
Best Staging and Set Design
- "Afterhours Dioramas" at Creative Time Gala Benefit – Submitted by We Came In Peace
- CW Upfront – Submitted by Valencia Production Partners
- Vevo & Chevrolet Present Kanye West & Good Music featuring Jay-Z – Submitted by Antony Richards Design & Production
Best Use of Technology
ABOUT BIZBASH MEDIA
- Acer Global Press Launch – Submitted by Palm Productions, LLC
- AOL Welcomes Coca-Cola: Capturing Happiness Brand Awareness Event – Submitted by AOL
- Conference-on-Demand at XChange Solution Provider – Submitted by Animatic Media, LLC
- Text-to-Pledge for the Ronald McDonald House of New York Gala – Submitted by Sophist Productions
- YouTube Play: Live at the Guggenheim – Submitted by Obscura Digital
Founded in 2000, BizBash (www.bizbash.com, #BizBash, @BizBash_News) is the leading trade media for the event industry. BizBash publishes magazines and e-newsletters and produces Web sites, trade shows, and award shows for corporate event and meeting professionals, event marketers, and sales, PR, fund-raising, and human resource executives. BizBash serves Boston, Chicago, Las Vegas, Los Angeles, Miami, New York, Orlando, Toronto, and Washington, D.C.
- 30 -