2012 BizBash Florida Readers’ Choice Awards Winners Announced
Event Producer of the Year, Sarah Martin; DJ of the Year, Larry Rodkin; and Corporate Planner of the Year, Alyssa Rhoads Among Winners
|Fort Lauderdale—April 18, 2012—Today, BizBash Media announced the winners of its second-annual BizBash Florida Readers’ Choice Awards at a ceremony held at the BizBash Expo & Awards at the Fort Lauderdale Convention Center.
BizBash’s Florida readers and online users nominated and then voted on finalists in 11 categories, including Event Producer of the Year, Venue Manager of the Year, Caterer of the Year (Off-Premise), and Fund-Raising Event Planner of the Year. Finalists campaigned heavily, especially on social platforms like Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn, resulting in over 36,000 votes.
THE 2012 BIZBASH FLORIDA READERS’ CHOICE AWARD WINNERS:
ABOUT BIZBASH MEDIA
- Caterer of the Year (In-House): Tony Porcellini, Walt Disney World Swan & Dolphin Hotel
- Caterer of the Year (Off-Premise): Suzanne Sacasas-Chavez, Suzanne Michael Catering & Event Production
- Corporate Event Planner of the Year: Alyssa Rhoads, Tampa Bay Business Journal
- DJ of the Year: Larry Rodkin, Lawrence of Florida
- Entertainment Act of the Year: Mr. Nice Guy (Tom Hall, Louis Cheramie, Johnny O, John Quinn, John McRay, and Dave Webster)
- Event Designer of the Year: Jose Zaldivar, Fiction Events
- Event Producer of the Year: Sarah Martin, Delray Beach Marketing Cooperative
- Fund-Raising Event Planner of the Year: Marlene Quincoces, PARK Project, Inc.
- PR Professional of the Year: Mabel De Beunza, Fontainebleau Miami Beach
- Social Event Planner of the Year: Eric Trelles, ET Events, L.L.C.
- Venue Manager of the Year: Sabrina Anico, New World Center
Founded in 2000, BizBash (www.bizbash.com, @BizBash_News) is the leading trade media for the event industry. BizBash publishes magazines and e-newsletters and produces Web sites, trade shows, and award shows for corporate event and meeting professionals, event marketers, and sales, PR, fund-raising, and human resource executives. BizBash serves Boston, Chicago, Las Vegas, Los Angeles, Miami, New York, Orlando, Toronto, and Washington, D.C.
- 30 -