Food & Wine will honor Survivor contestant and restaurant chef Keith Famie--one of the mag's “Best New Chefs"--with a big dinner catered by previous winners including Daniel's Daniel Boulud, Gramercy Tavern's Tom Colicchio and Union Pacific's Rocco Dispirito, New York magazine reports. But the party's locale is still a secret: Even the invitation doesn't reveal it.
- Daniel got a four-star review in The New York Times this past Wednesday--upping the number to six New York restaurants that share the distinction.
- Bill Fisher, president and CEO of the American Hotel & Motel Association, will leave the group when his contract expires in October, according to the American Society of Association Executives' email newsletter.
- Best actress and best supporting actress Oscar candidates get $1,500 diamond-studded bras from Victoria's Secret, Fashion Wire Daily reports.
- Alain Ducasse released its spring menu, which includes a special.phparagus menu, a shellfish menu and still-astounding prices from $145 to $250.
- The New York Music & Internet Expo will fill the Madison Square Garden Expo Center April 21 and 22.
Inside Your Industry Archives...