- Audiovisual Production WorldStage
- Catering Abigail Kirsch Off-Premises Catering
- Event Management Buckley Hall Events
- Flowers Robert Downs Clark Floral Design
- Invitation & Program Desig Doublespace
- Invitation & Program Print Darbert Offset Corporation
- Photography Patrick McMullan Photography
- PR Nadine Johnson Inc.
- Security GSS Security Services Inc.
- Venue Pier Sixty at Chelsea Piers
Search our directory
Amnesty International's Media Spotlight awards at Pier Sixty eschewed flowers for more symbolic centerpieces. The human rights nonprofit's trademark logo, a candle with a line of barbed wire spiraled around it, was interpreted on each table with a large white pillar candle wrapped in thorny bullbrier branches. Four taller pillar candles in green, red, orange and purple reflected the color scheme of one of Amnesty's most recent ad campaigns. The decor was done by Robert Downs Clark Floral Design.
The event was held to honor journalists and artists whose works have contributed to the global campaign for human rights. Among those honored were Ted Koppel, Paul McCartney (who made a tardy appearance with fiancé Heather Mills because she was being honored at another event the same evening), Eve Ensler and Robert Dunn, founder of Business for Social Responsibility. Other attendees included Elie Wiesel, Salma Hayek, Bianca Jagger, Adam Yauch of the Beastie Boys, Mia Kirshner and Kenneth Cole.