- Audio E.S.P. New York Inc.
- Catering, Staffing Hank Tomashevski
- DJ Topspin Entertainment
- Entertainment (Dessert Tables) Screaming Queens Entertainment
- Event Photography Patrick McMullan Photography
- Flowers Antony Todd Inc.
- Invitation Design Saje design
- Journal Design, Printing MTM Printing
- Lighting Bentley Meeker Lighting & Staging Inc.
- Place Card Calligraphy Scribe Ink
- PR Blue Medium
- PR Mitchell Manning Associates
- Rentals Party Rental Ltd.
- Security GSS Security Services Inc.
- Venue Gotham Hall
Search our directory
Many of the socialites who attend charity balls lead La Dolce Vita, so it was fitting that the New York Academy of Art used the iconic Fellini film as the theme of its annual Tribeca Ball. Coordinated by event consultant Barbara Bell Cook and event chair Simone Levinson, the evening distilled the spirit of the film—an extravagant, luxe environment—for the nonprofit's biggest fund-raiser. (Even the paparazzi were there; the only thing missing was the film's cynicism.)
Designer Antony Todd draped sheer pink fabric from Gotham Hall's oval-shaped lighting truss to the perimeter of the dining area, and decorated the outer ring of square tables with black and white canopies topped with fluffy pink and white feathers. Tablecloths were either pale or hot pink, and centerpieces consisted of clear, square trays filled with water, floating candles and pink and white flower petals. In the center of the dining area was a small dance floor surrounded by round tables topped with three-tiered black Lucite towers filled with water and floating candles. Pink, white and black-and-white striped chair covers alternated at each table.
Following dinner, the World Famous Bob and Amanda Lepore posed as the film's Anita Ekberg character in the center of Screaming Queens' signature strolling dessert tables. And in a nod to the cafe society depicted in the film and its Italian setting—as well some sponsorship branding—Lavazza provided self-serve espresso stations during dessert.
Read about last year's event...