LOS ANGELES Looking for a new venue to host your next event? Here are the most anticipated Los Angeles restaurants, corporate event venues, hotels, conference centers, and private and party rooms to open next year. These new and renovated Los Angeles venues can accommodate groups large or small for private and corporate events, conferences, meetings, weddings, business dinners, teambuilding activities, cocktail parties, and more.
1. The Broad is a new contemporary art museum from Eli and Edythe Broad currently underway. The space, on Grand Avenue downtown, is designed by Diller, Scofidio & Renfro, and slated for a public opening in the fall. The 120,000-square-foot, $140-million building will offer two floors of gallery space and a 24,000-square-foot public plaza.
2. The first U.S. outpost of the Mama Shelter hotel chain is slated to open around May or June. The designer of the new Hollywood location will not be Philippe Starck, but Thierry Gauguin. The property will include 70 rooms, a restaurant, a bar, and a rooftop.
3. After a soft opening in December, Redbird is slated to formally open in January at Vibiana downtown. The restaurant, from Neal Fraser, is comprised of an interior lounge with marble bar and an alfresco dining area in the courtyard with a retractable roof.
4. A new airport lodging option, Aloft El Segundo—Los Angeles Airport is slated for an August opening. The hip hotel brand from Starwood is convenient to many corporations’ offices for business travel (Mattel, Raytheon, Northrop Grumman) and will offer a bar, Wi-Fi throughout, and amenities from Bliss spa.
5. Hannah An's first solo project, the District by Hannah An, is slated to open in January in West Hollywood. The menu will feature new as well as familiar Vietnamese dishes. The two-story space will have design touches reminiscent of Hanoi’s colonial era.
6. Organic and vegan eatery Café Gratitude has a new location planned for the Yards at One Santa Fe in the Arts District downtown. The dining destination will join a selection of shops, restaurants, and community art spaces within the mixed-use development. The 4,200-square-foot restaurant is slated to open early in the year.
7. With Hatfield's closing, Quinn and Karen Hatfield have a new project in the works. Odys & Penelope is slated to open on La Brea early in the year. There will be a smoker, an open grill, and a churrasco grill.
8. In September, Brent Bolthouse announced the expansion of the Bungalow lounge concept with a new location in Huntington Beach at Pacific City, a dining, shopping, and entertainment destination currently in development. The oceanfront venue on the Pacific Coast Highway is slated to open in late summer or fall.
9. Jon Shook and Vinny Dotolo, the chef partners behind Animal and Son of a Gun restaurants, are planning to open another eatery in the new year. Located on Fairfax in the former Damiano Pizza space, the new venue will be called Jon & Vinny's. There will also be a wine shop attached.
10. The Sheraton Los Angeles Downtown Hotel is undergoing renovations, slated for completion around May. Guest room and corridor renovations are expected to be completed in March. The Brassiere café is being updated, elevators are being modernized, and more upgrades will be made to the property located near L.A. Live and the Los Angeles Convention Center.