LAS VEGAS Looking for a new venue for your next event? Here are the most anticipated Las Vegas nightclubs, corporate event venues, hotels, concert venues, and restaurants slated to open in 2019. These new and renovated Las Vegas venues will accommodate groups large or small for private and corporate events, conferences, meetings, weddings, business dinners, teambuilding activities, cocktail parties, and more.
1. Kind Heaven, an immersive, multi-level space being developed by Lollapalooza co-founder Perry Farrell, is slated to debut at the Linq sometime in 2019. A celebration of Southeast Asia, the project will feature a virtual train ride that takes guests to a night market with street foods from Hong Kong, Singapore, and Thailand. The venue also will include a bar that serves herb-infused cocktails meant to match guests’ moods; a forest installation with temples and treehouses; and 1,000-seat concert hall featuring Asian musicians.
2. Comedian and late-night TV host Jimmy Kimmel has partnered with Caesars Entertainment to open Jimmy Kimmel’s Comedy Club in spring 2019. The 8,000-square-foot venue, which will showcase established and up-and-coming talent, will seat about 300 guests.
3. Bravo TV personality Lisa Vanderpump is taking her brand of Los Angeles restaurants and lounges to Sin City. The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills and Vanderpump Rules star will open Vanderpump Cocktail Garden at Caesars Palace in early 2019. The venue will combine greenery with industrial touches, feature Vanderpump’s signature touches of pink, and will specialize in small bites and craft cocktails.
4. Smith & Wollensky Las Vegas, a steak house concept from the Boston-based Smith & Wollensky Restaurant Group, will debut at the Grand Canal Shoppes in April. The two-story, 14,000-square-foot restaurant will accommodate events for as many as 40 to 400 guests for receptions and seated dinners. The venue will have several private event spaces, which can be combined and are equipped with audiovisual accommodations. The interior will showcase the restaurant’s signature style, with green and white colors, antique lighting, and dark wood flooring complemented by plaid mosaic tile.
5. Las Vegas Ballpark will open in downtown Summerlin in April. The park will be home to the Las Vegas Triple-A Minor League Baseball team and, along with sports events, will host community and nonprofit events. Designed by HOK, the facility will hold as many as 10,000 people and has numerous seating areas, including 22 suites, multiple party zones and decks, and a pool.
6. The Barbershop Cuts & Cocktails, a barbershop-cocktail bar hybrid, will open in the former Bond space at the Cosmopolitan of Las Vegas in the spring. The space will offer an actual barbershop, but guests will be able to sip on classic cocktails while they get a haircut or a shave. The venue will be helmed by Clique Hospitality founder Andy Masi, along with Ryan Labbe and Jason Craig.
7. A space at the Palms Casino Resort that was originally slated to be an outpost of New York nightclub and restaurant Vandal will now open as Greene St. Kitchen in the spring. Owned by Clique Hospitality, the New York-inspired restaurant will serve an American menu highlighted by steak, crab, and chicken dishes. The restaurant will have a speakeasy-style entrance inspired by a video arcade and decor influenced by New York street art.
8. The Crack Shack, a casual fried chicken restaurant from chef Richard Blais, is slated to open at Park MGM in the fall. Along with chicken and chicken sandwiches, the eatery will serve upscale comfort fare including biscuits with miso maple butter, chicken oysters, and deviled eggs with candied bacon. The restaurant will have a full bar, a patio, and bar games.
9. Shark, the first new restaurant in five years from Iron Chef’s Bobby Flay, is slated to open at the Palms Casino Resort sometime in 2019. The fish-centric restaurant will serve sushi, ceviches, tartares, and fish and seafood entrees with South American, Mediterranean, and Mexican influences. The venue is part of the resort’s $620 million renovation.
10. Sixth & Mill, a casual Southern Italian-inspired restaurant and bar, will open in the Grand Canal Shoppes in April. The venue, which is managed by Factory Place Hospitality Group, specializes in pizza, pastas, small plates, and salads. The restaurant also will have an Italian wine list and cocktails.