LOS ANGELES Looking for a new venue for your next event? Here are the most anticipated Los Angeles restaurants, corporate event venues, hotels, conference centers, and party rooms slated to open in 2019. These new and renovated Los Angeles venues will accommodate groups large or small for private and corporate events, conferences, meetings, weddings, business dinners, teambuilding activities, cocktail parties, and more.
1. Scheduled for a mid-January opening is the Manufactory, a 40,000-square-foot complex from the Tartine team and Chris Bianco located at the Row downtown. Highlights for groups, and foodies, will include the 100-seat Tartine Bianco, an all-day cafe, plus the dinner-only Alameda Supper Club, which will hold 150 and have a private room. The venue will also boast a 7,000-square-foot market.
2. Aiming for an October 2019 opening is the highly anticipated Fairmont Century Plaza, the $2.5 billion redevelopment of the Century Plaza hotel. The 400-room hotel will have almost 24,000 square feet of event space, most notably a 13,000-square-foot ballroom that will seat 1,500, making it the largest ballroom on the Westside. There will also be a dedicated entrance for events, a 14,000-square-foot spa, a fitness center, a rooftop pool, and 94,000 square feet of retail.
3. El Segundo's public municipal golf course the Lakes will be transformed into a Topgolf location sometime in 2019. The newest location of the popular entertainment chain will be a three-story, climate-controlled building with 100 hitting bays, an electronic scoring board, and food and drink options at each station.
4. San Diego-based Mexican beer brewery Border X is opening a location in Bell on January 15. The 7,000-square-foot venue will have a live entertainment space and an art display area for local artists, plus a parking lot that will double as a venue for festivals and food vendors. The 45-foot bar will store beer tanks.
5. After years of delays, the first Los Angeles location of Alamo Drafthouse is slated to open in mid-2019 at the Bloc in downtown's Financial District. The theater will have 12 screens and 560 seats, plus a bar that doubles as a video store selling classic films. The company is planning a series of pop-up movie screenings, such as a Titanic screening at the Queen Mary in April, to promote the opening.
6. Border Grill chefs Susan Feniger and Mary Sue Milliken are opening a new restaurant in Santa Monica in spring 2019. Socalo, located inside the Gateway Hotel, will serve food inspired by the chefs' recent travels to Tijuana, and will be open seven days a week for breakfast, lunch, dinner, and happy hour.
7. Slated to open in summer 2019 is Santa Monica Proper, the hotel brand's second location in Southern California. The 271-room hotel will feature interior design by Kelly Wearstler, plus 8,000 square feet of meeting and event space, three restaurants, a rooftop lounge and pool, and 7,000 square feet of retail space.
8. After breaking ground in 2017, the Promenade at Howard Hughes Center is slated to wrap up its renovation in 2019. With the goal of bringing in more evening patrons, the updated shopping complex will have about 15 new restaurants and bars. First to open is Ways & Means Oyster House, a 4,430-square-foot restaurant with a 630-square-foot patio. It's slated to open in August.
9. Popular Mexican chef Enrique Olvera plans to open his 15th and final restaurant in summer 2019. Olvera will be located across the street from Bestia, and will have 160 seats.
10. Slated for a June opening is the new Thompson Hollywood, a 200-room boutique hotel with a restaurant, rooftop bar, pool deck, and penthouse lounge. The hotel is being built by Dream Hollywood developer Relevant Group.