- Audiovisual Production, Sound, Video Westbury National
- Catering Daniel et Daniel Event Creation & Catering
- Decor Signature Event Rentals
- Design, Event Management, Production McNabb Roick Events
- Flowers San Remo Florist Inc.
- Furniture Rentals Contemporary Furniture Rentals
- Photography George Pimentel Photography
- PR Knot Group
- Staffing The Butler Did It
- Valet Northern Valet Inc.
- Venue Royal Ontario Museum
Search our directory
TORONTO How do you infuse an event with the style of a cutting-edge fashion brand? If you're Jeffry Roick of McNabb Roick Events, you have a giant doll walk a dinosaur on a leash. On June 8, the Big Bang Bash took over the Royal Ontario Museum to celebrate the opening of the “Viktor & Rolf Dolls” exhibition; the gala also marked the opening of the Luminato multidisciplinary arts festival.
Looking to the Dutch designers' brand for inspiration, Roick devised a pink-and-black color scheme that matched the packaging on their Flowerbomb perfume. He covered dinner tables in PVC tablecloths, then set out to create a splashy, fashion-centric visual for the museum's main space. “With a life-size dinosaur to contend to, we decided a life-size doll walking the dinosaur on a bed of pink flowers would take advantage of the existing decor, while complementing the exhibit,” Roick said. When guests stuck their hands into the doll's towering pink skirt, volunteers hiding within the fabric would deck their wrists with bracelets. The event was filled with other delightfully avant-garde ideas—including drinks and lobster tails served on a conveyer belt. Here's a look inside.