- Audiovisual Production Audiovisual Headquarters
- Cake Cheryl Kleinman Cakes
- Catering Great Performances
- Decor, Floral Cornucopia Flowers
- Lucite Columns & Serving Trays Industrial Plastic Supply Corporation
- Photography Jasper-Sky Photographers, International
- Printing (Invitations/Program) D.H. Productions Papermill & Press
- Venue Hudson Hotel
Search our directory
NEW YORK The author of a book called The Perfect Wedding Reception better be able to plan an event worthy of the title. For the book's launch party, author Maria McBride-Mellinger took the challenge and put together a stylish mock wedding ceremony and reception in the Hudson banquet room in the Hudson Hotel.
Taking a cue from the space's ultra-modern look, McBride-Mellinger went for a contemporary feel for the decor, which included Lucite columns created by Industrial Plastic Supply Corporation on each side of the aisle. The Hudson's contract caterer, Great Performances, catered the reception, and Cheryl Kleinman made a towering cake with gold leaf detailing.
For the wedding ceremony, McBride-Mellinger hired actors to play characters with wink-and-nudge names designed to evoke New York personalities: Polly Golightly married Eustace Tilley, with help from maid of honor Gwynnie Spence-Brearley.
See the invitation from this event...
More about the cake...
More about the venue...
Photos by .phper-Sky