- Draping Dazian Fabrics
- Flowers Sandy Rose Custom Floral Design
- Invitations Alpine Creative Group Inc.
- Lighting, Sound AVT Event Technologies
- PR Weissman/Markovitz Communications
- Printing Prestone Printing Company Inc.
- Production, Ticket Sales, Sponsorship Plan A Events
- Rentals Town and Country Event Rentals
- Teleprompter Computer Prompting Services Inc.
- Transportation Aloha Limousine Service
- Venue The Beverly Hilton
- Video Norm Levin & Company
Search our directory
Hollywood has a reputation for glittering award shows, but you might say that the Art Directors Guild's 14th annual awards took that look to its literal extension. Swarovski was the set and decor sponsor for the dinner and award program, hosted by Paula Poundstone on February 13 in the International Ballroom of the Beverly Hilton Hotel, and the brand incorporated 500,000 crystals into the overall look.
Production designer John Sabato, with event production, ticket sales, and sponsorship help from Plan A, worked crystal into a variety of applications and styles. Decor elements included close to 200 feet of strands made from more than 400,000 brilliant-cut pieces, large mesh sheets made with more than 30,000 components, and 3,500 bits of glass embedded in a gold web.
Podium construction employed 10 Glitterbox Lanterns in an illuminated custom design. The lanterns are formed from prisms lit from within by an LED light bar; the item's designer, Georg Baldele, for Swarovski Crystal Palace, described the look as a “huge block of ice, glittering from inside and out.”
Presenters included Richard Chamberlain and Gene Wilder; Warren Beatty took home the cinematic imagery award. Johnny Crawford and his Orchestra performed for the crowd.