Rules for Entry
- Entries must come from an event that occurred between June 1, 2015, and May 31, 2016.
- Entries in the Best New Event Product/Service, Best Interactive Technology, and venue categories (Best New Venue and Best Venue for Weddings and Events) do not need to be from events. To be eligible, entries for Best New Venue must have opened, and new products/services must have been introduced, between June 1, 2015, and May 31, 2016.
- Entries must be submitted using the BizBash Event Style Awards website by 11:59 p.m. EST on August 28, 2016. Submissions via mail or express delivery will not be accepted. All submissions must be written in English.
- Submissions will be accepted from any individuals, companies, or nonprofit organizations involved in planning an event, including corporate event planners, independent planners, PR firms, marketing agencies, and event vendors. The entry form must include the person in charge of the event for the organization (company, association, or nonprofit) that hosted the event.
- Each submission must include a written explanation that includes the following:
- Name of submission
- Date of event
- Location of event
- What was the submission’s purpose?
- Who was the client/brand/organization?
- List of companies involved in the submission (e.g. Best Event Decor entry list might include a design company, lighting firm, rental house, etc.)
- Submission’s audience
- Submission’s intended result and how the submission supported that result
- Include video options/links (Vimeo and YouTube links only; please provide passwords for private videos)
Written explanations that do not follow the specifications outlined above and in the criteria for each category will not be accepted. Entrants may submit work for more than one category, but each entry requires a separate submission and payment.
Explanations for venue submissions (Best New Venue and Best Venue for Weddings and Events) should include a description of the venue and its capabilities and features for events. Entries for Best Interactive Technology and Best New Event Product/Service must be submitted with photographs and video; samples will not be accepted.
- Each submission must include no more than high resolution five photographs, submitted as individual jpg files without watermarks (submissions of collages, screenshots, or other file types will not be accepted). Make sure that the photographs relate to each specific category. For example, Best Catering entries should include photos of food; Best Trade Show Booth entries should include photos of the booth. Do not include photos of celebrity attendees, event organizers, or other aspects of the event that are not relevant to the category.
- Winners will be chosen by event industry experts and BizBash editors and announced at BizBash Live: The Expo, New York on November 15, 2016. BizBash retains the right to eliminate a category, disqualify a submission, or remove a category at its discretion.
- By submitting an entry for consideration for the BizBash Event Style Awards, entrants authorize BizBash and its affiliates to publish any portion of the entry, including but not limited to submitted images and materials. Companies submitting images/videos must own the rights to distribute said images/videos to BizBash. In addition, all entries become property of BizBash and its affiliates and will not be returned. BizBash reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to reject any and all photos/videos that, in its sole opinion, violates the law or is otherwise inappropriate.
- All submissions must be the bona fide work of the company submitting the entry in the primary area of expertise of the category.
- Entries of events or services provided for an event hosted or co-hosted by BizBash or any of affiliates are not permitted.
- If you have questions about the submission process or award categories, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.