- Audiovisual Production, Lighting, Video Frost Chicago
- Catering, Production Jewell Events Catering
- Decor Erin McDonald Design
- Entertainment Ken Arlen Evolution Orchestra
- Furniture Rentals (custom benches) Fragrant Design
- Furniture Rentals (custom bar) Northern Decor
- Furniture Rentals, Rentals Hall's Rental
- Invitations Amanda Micek
- Linens Windy City Linen
- PR Skirt PR
- Security Monterrey Security
- Tenting Partytime-HDO Productions Inc.
- Valet P.V.M. LLC
- Venue Lincoln Park Zoo
Search our directory
CHICAGO At the Lincoln Park Zoo Ball on July 14, caterers warned guests that the giraffe-shaped flatbreads were not gluten-free. But—unlike in a traditional safari—that was the only foreseeable danger that “animals” presented the 850 guests at the safari-theme event.
The zoo's Women's Board hosted the annual affair, and tapped designer Erin McDonald of Erin McDonald Design, along with the staffs of Jewell Events Catering and Frost, to bring the theme to life at the city zoo.
“We wanted to create a natural, clean aesthetic for this event that submersed guests into an African landscape, while creating an inviting and unique dining experience for everyone,” McDonald said.
From the grasses and natural wood that spruced up dinner tables to a “glamping” theme after-party, here's a look at how the event—which raised $1.4 million—brought the wild theme to life.