- Additional Staffing V.I.P. Valet Services Inc.
- Audiovisual Production, Decor, Design, Lighting, Linens Kehoe Designs
- Catering J & L Catering
- Entertainment Ken Arlen Evolution Orchestra
- Entertainment The Actors Gymnasium
- Invitations Rule 29
- Production Scott Mauro Entertainment Inc.
- Venue The Geraghty
Search our directory
CHICAGO For its ninth annual Unicef Hope Gala in Chicago, the nonprofit moved from a ballroom setting to a raw event space. The April 9 benefit was held at The Geraghty, which is owned by Kehoe Designs. Working within their own space, designers from the firm had free rein to build out a setting that would reflect the evening's childlike theme, while still displaying the elegance expected of a black-tie gala.
“The theme for this year's gala was to imagine a world where every child is happy and healthy,” said Kehoe's senior designer Phil Cooper. “With that in mind, we set out to create a whimsical scene that captured the joyful exuberance of childhood.” Here's a look inside the colorful evening, which drew inspiration from urban playgrounds, skate parks, and more.