NYC & Company's Convention, Exhibits, Meetings and Events (CEME) Committee will honor a who's who of the business world--including Microsoft chairman Bill Gates and World Economic Forum founder Klaus Schwab--with its first annual Anchors of the Hospitality Industry awards. The honors recognize the accomplishments and professional achievements of organizations, companies and individuals in New York's meeting and event industries, and rewards companies that contributed to the city's economic recovery by holding events here after September 11. Maurice DuBois, co-host of WNBC's Today in New York, will host the awards ceremony aboard the Bateaux New York on May 13.
Other honorees include:
- Jeff Little, president of George Little Management
- Jerry Wayne, chairman of the board of
Meeting Professionals International
- Michael Hudson, president of
Meeting Professionals International New York Chapter
- Amund Skarholt, CEO of Securitas
- Gerald McQueen, president and CEO of the
- Dennis Swanson, general manager of WNBC
- Thomas Madden, managing director of Rockefeller Plaza and Tishman Speyer
More Bash Buzz...