Business Travel News reports in its current special New York section that several Gotham hotels are completing some major renovation work that will enhance business travelers' stays. Among the facelifted hotels:
- The Navarro meeting space at the Inter-Continental Central Park hotel now offers a reception capacity of 160 (or 110 for theater-style seating).
- A $15 million renovation of the Waldorf=Astoria's 18th floor meeting space will offer 13 room with views of the city and river, and the newly-renovated Starlight Roof features renewed Art Deco decor. (Read coverage of an event at the new Starlight Roof...)
- Hotel Pennsylvania's $45 million renovation will modernize 900 rooms and replace 22 elevators.
- The Millennium Broadway in Times Square boasts the new Millennium Premier, a private tower with 125 new rooms. Four brand-new conference rooms have also been added to the original building.
- The Hotel Beacon has added kitchen facilities to all of its 236 rooms--they now feature microwaves, refrigerators and coffeemakers.
Inside Your Industry Archives...