1. For those who want an environmentally responsible take on luxury, Recess nail spa offers manicures and pedicures using organic and biodegradable products in a space constructed in accordance with Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design guidelines. Other eco-conscious touches include bamboo-cotton towels, furniture made from recycled materials, and energy-efﬁcient equipment. The 2,000-square-foot spa is available for private parties for 100 and comes equipped with event-friendly amenities like a kitchen, central bar, and two LCD screens. Existing furniture and drapery may be removed.
2. Patrons of Body Bar Urban Spa can peruse more than the signature line of skin-care products available at the Silver Lake spa’s in-house boutique. Local artists including Stacie B. London have exhibited their work at the spa, which can be booked for art shows, private corporate events, or spa parties. A treatment room for two is one of seven rooms in all, and guests are welcome to unwind pre- or post-treatment with a cup of one of Art of Tea’s organic specialty blends in the men’s or women’s lounge or a quiet communal area tucked in the back of the spa.
3. A Bose surround-sound system, wine bar, and all-white interior lend Neihule a sleek, nightclub-like vibe. On the ﬁrst ﬂoor of the 4,000-square-foot full-service salon, a chandelier hangs over custom-made style stations, which may be removed to convert the space into an open area or dance ﬂ oor for special events. The second ﬂ oor holds a manicure-and-facial room, as well as a cyberlounge that features several Internet-connected laptops. The salon can provide DJs and catering services.
4. At Exhale in the Fairmont Miramar Hotel & Bungalows Santa Monica a variety of stress-reducing treatments are available for groups, on site or off. Conference attendees can take a break from work with services ranging from 15-minute stretching and warming exercises to customizable yoga and Pilates classes. The spa, which includes ﬁve therapy rooms and areas dedicated to brow and nail care, can be booked for private events.
5. Named after the Scandinavian goddess of rejuvenation, Iduna Medical Aesthetics offers guests a team of acupuncturists, massage therapists, and nutritionists, as well as physician-supervised staffers qualified to give specialized treatments like Botox injections and laser hair removal. The mythical goddess’s ice palace is channeled in the lobby: The reception desk looks like an iceberg. Six themed treatment rooms are available.