- The 12th annual GLAAD media awards at the New York Hilton, honoring Liz Smith and Vanessa Redgrave, with event production by Overland Entertainment Company. More about this event...
- Self magazine's second annual Self Day kickoff party, at the Park, with spa treatments and silent auction, with DJ Beverly Bond and event management by Swell Productions. More about this event...
- Music for All Seasons tribute to Dudley Moore, hosted by Barbara Walters, with dinner at the Essex House and performance at Carnegie Hall.
- Citymeals-on-Wheels' Best Tables in Town corporate dine-out and champagne reception, at 21 Club. More about this event...
- American Theatre Wing's luncheon honoring Broadway's women directors and choreographers, including Julie Taymor, at the Pierre, with event management by Event Associates.
- Chocolatier and Pastry Art & Design magazines' 10 Best Pastry Chefs in America party at Bridgewaters.
- Broadway Cares/Dancers Responding to AIDS' Zoot Suit Strut performance by Broadway performers, at Symphony Space.
- Phoenix House's fashion industry dinner honoring Harper's Bazaar editor in chief Katherine Betts and H. Frank Doroff, executive vice president of Bloomingdale's, at the Plaza.
- Playwright's Horizons' 30th anniversary gala at the Manhattan Center Ballroom, with catering by Great Performances.
- O, The Oprah Magazine's first anniversary party at Cipriani 42nd Street, with PR by the Susan Magrino Agency. More about this event...
- Thirteen/WNET's annual gala at the Plaza, hosted by Beverly Sills and featuring a performance by Tony Bennett. More about this event...
- Orpheus Chamber Orchestra's patrons' gala, cocktails, performance (by the orchestra and Branford Marsalis) and dinner, at the Metropolitan Club.
- Moulin Rouge premiere screening at the Paris Theatre and after-party at Brasserie 8 1/2.
- Police Athletic League's annual legal profession luncheon honoring Verizon's New York and Connecticut group president Paul Crotty, at the Pierre, with floral designs by Atlas Floral Decorators.
- Gillette's Venus razor launch and kickoff of its Venus in Motion tour, featuring Sports Illustrated swimsuit models Elsa Benitez and Daniela Pestova, with event production by Eventage and PR by Porter Novelli.
- Inauguration of the NBA Store as an event space, with catering by Great Performances, and a business card exchange by NYC and Company. More about this event...
- Parsons School of Design's benefit dinner and fashion show honoring Gene Kahn, president and CEO of the May Department Stores Company, at the Marriott Marquis.
- American Friends of the Hermitage Museum's Imperial Russian Easter Party & Auction, with dinner, dancing and live and silent auctions, at Tavern on the Green.
- Art for Animals' Canine Cocktail Party at Metro Pictures.
- Phipps Community Development Corporation's annual Sports Fest benefit at Wilson's Grill & Bar, with PR by Linden Alschuler & Kaplan Inc.
- YIVO Institute for Jewish Research annual dinner at the Pierre.
- Digital Island's Strategic Outsourcing for Financial Services Web Sites seminar at Global Community Digital Sandbox.
- Silicon Alley Station celebrates Reboot 1.0, its 100th Internet radio interview, at Sliver.
- Executive Forum's 2001 & Beyond: the Outlook of Equities dinner and seminar at the National Arts Club.
- E-finance and E-security conferences at the Hilton New York (through 04.18.01).
- Stories at The Moth's StorySLAM! Show Down reading at Nell's.
- American Museum of Natural History's annual environmental lecture and luncheon, with a lecture by CBS anchor Charles Osgood, at the museum, with catering by Restaurant Associates.
- Jewish Guild for the Blind's An Afternoon on Broadway event, with a luncheon at the Marriott Marquis and a performance of Bells are Ringing at the Plymouth Theatre.
- Arthur Ashe Institute for Urban Health's Sports Ball dinner dance, hosted by NBC's Al Roker and ESPN's Robin Roberts, at the Waldorf=Astoria.
- Samaritan Foundation's annual benefit awards dinner at the Hilton New York .
- Manhattan Institute for Policy Research's Alexander Hamilton awards dinner at the Plaza.
- Caron Foundation annual awards dinner honoring Tom Freston, chairman of MTV Networks, at the Hammerstein Ballroom, with catering by the Catering Company.
- FunWithWine.com's Old World vs. New World Wine Party sampling event at Metronome.
- Artisan Entertainment's party for Wayne Wang's film Center of the World, at Chaos, with an appearance by Robin Byrd and public relations by In 2 It Media.
- iBreakfast Club's iBreakfast of Champions at the Marriott Marquis.
- JSG Consulting's Profit from Trillion Dollar Markets: Internet & eCommerce conference at the New York Marriott East Side .
- Strategic Research Institute's Valuing New Economy Companies III conference at the Regal U.N. Plaza Hotel (through 04.19.01).
- The Conference Board's Charting New Territory advertising conference at the Plaza (through 04.19.01).
- Marcus Evans' Investing in the Wireless Industry conference at the New York Marriott Eastside (through 04.19.01).
- New York New Media Association's Making Money from Thin Air: Turning the Wireless Internet into a Business panel in the Great Hall at Cooper Union.
- Whitney Contemporaries' benefit at the Whitney Museum of American Art, with desserts by Nicole's and PR by Clifford Public Relations. More about this event...
- Cosmopolitan and Sephora swimsuit fashion show at the Sephora store in Rockefeller Center. More about this event...
- Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation International--New York Chapter's Surfing for a Cure beer, wine and spirits tasting event at the Roxy.
- Freedom Institute's 25th anniversary dinner honoring Betty Ford, with a performance by Elaine Strich, at the Plaza.
- Women in Need's Commit to Win dinner at the Cathedral of St. John the Divine.
- National Conference for Community and Justice's retail fashion and textile luncheon at the New York Hilton.
- Opening reception for Patrick McMullan photography exhibit at the Gallery at Chelsea Eye.
- Mid-Atlantic chapter of the Antiquarian Booksellers Association of America's New York Antiquarian Book Fair gala preview at the Park Avenue Armory (book fair through 04.22.01).
- Alliance for Young Artists & Writers and Scholastic Art & Writing awards dinner, with live and silent auctions, at the Hudson Theatre.
- Cystic Fibrosis Foundation's greater New York chapter's Thursty Thursday party for young professionals at the Turtle Bay Grill & Lounge.
- The Americas Foundation presents its Americas Award to author Mario Vargas Llosa at the Union Club.
- Human Resources Association of New York's breakfast on Human Resource's Role in Change Management at the New York Helmsley Hotel.
- Vudu lounge opening party.
- A Taste of the Lower East Side, tastings benefit for the Grand Street Settlement, at the Angel Orensanz Center.
- Girls' Nites cocktail reception by Great Performances at Henri Bendel.
- UrbanGlass' Glassblowers Ball at Tribeca Rooftop.
- Gay Lesbian & Straight Education Network's annual valedictorian event at the Harvard Club, with event production by Patricia Evert Productions.
- St. George's Society of New York's dinner dance, at the Pierre.
- Metropolitan Opera Guild's annual membership luncheon at the Waldorf=Astoria.
- Global Venture Network's Early Stage Venture Capital conference at the Yale Club.
- Spinstudio recording studio's grand opening and open house, featuring entertainment by DJ Pat Caramel.
- RsvpNYCity.com and AmericanSingles.com's Bring on Spring event for single professionals at Twirl.
- Anchin, Block & Anchin Accountants &Consultants luncheon at Metronome.
- International Vintage Poster Fair at the Metropolitan Pavilion (through 04.22.01).
- Great American Mutt Show mixed breed dog show, organized by Tails in Need and the Humane Society of New York, at Pier 92 of the Show Piers on the Hudson.
- NYC Chapter of the National Multiple Sclerosis Society's MS Walk 2001 in Staten Island.
- Brooklyn Branch of the Juvenile Diabetes Foundation's Discovery ball at the Brooklyn Marriott.
- Junior committee of the Partnership for the Homeless' Toast of the Town event, with cocktails, raffles and dancing, at Ohm.
- New York Music & Internet expo at Madison Square Garden (through 04.22.01).
- Realsparks.com's Absolute Spring mixer at Absolutely 4th.
- NikeTown Run for the Parks event, featuring face-painters and balloonists from Always Entertaining, and a 4K run through Central Park starting and finishing at Tavern on the Green, to benefit the City Parks Foundation.
- NYC Chapter of the National Multiple Sclerosis Society's MS Walk 2001 in Manhattan.
- Pediatric Cancer Foundation's annual Walkathon in Riverside Park.
- Transportation Alternatives' Earth Day bike parade, from Columbus Circle to Battery Park.
Last week's events...