- Launch party for Rosie, Rosie O'Donnell's new magazine, at the Lighthouse at Chelsea Piers. More about this event...
- Kmart press conference at the W New York - Union Square, followed by an in-store event at the Astor Place Kmart store, with appearances by Kmart CEO Chuck Conaway, Martha Stewart, Jaclyn Smith, Kathy Ireland and the WCW's Goldberg, with event production by Eventage and PR by Porter Novelli. More about this event...
- Parsons Dance Company event with cocktails, dinner and a performance at the Hammerstein Ballroom, with tables and chairs provided by Broadway Famous Party Rental, linens by A.S.A.P. Linen, and catering by the Catering Company. More about this event...
- Momentum AIDS Project's Elegies for Angels, Punks and Raging Queens gala performance at the Haft Theater at the Fashion Institute of Technology.
- The Catalyst awards dinner (honoring initiatives to advance women into business leadership), with CNBC's Maria Bartiromo as presenter, at the Waldorf=Astoria.
- American Academy in Rome's Spring Salute event honoring architect David M. Childs and the firm of Skidmore, Owings & Merrill, at Cipriani 42nd Street.
- Paper magazine and Guess' party celebrating Paper's annual 50 Most Beautiful People issue at the Park.
- American Friends of the Royal Concertgebouw Orchestra's The Two Eds dinner honoring mayor Ed Koch and Dutch senator Ed van Thijn at Avery Fisher Hall.
- eTravelWorld expo at the Marriott Marquis (through 04.04.01).
- New School for Social Research and its Jazz & Contemporary Music Program's Beacons in Jazz benefit dinner at the Puck Building.
- United Hospital Fund's Hospital Auxiliary and Volunteer Achievement awards at the Waldorf=Astoria.
- Parkinson's Disease Foundation's Bal du Printemps dinner dance with M.C. Walter Cronkite at the Pierre, with event management by Martel Productions.
- St. Bonaventure University's fifth annual Metro NYC Gaudette Medal awards dinner dance at the Plaza, with event management by Buckley Hall Events.
- All Stars Project gala benefit dinner and performance at the New York State Theater.
- International Fashion Fabric exhibition at the Javits Center (through 04.04.01).
- City Lights Youth Theatre 10th annual benefit dinner, with performance by Ben Vereen and live auction, at the Copacabana.
- New York Yankees Foundation's Yankees Homecoming dinner, honoring Mel Stottlemeyer, at Tavern on the Green.
- Anti-Violence Project's A Fine Kettle of Fish spring women's benefit cocktail party at Metro Pictures.
- Business 2.0: Rules and Tools conference at the Hudson Theatre at the Millennium Broadway Hotel (through 04.03.01).
- Internet & E-business conference and expo at the Javits Center (through 04.04.01).
- Online Advertising Metrics' seminar series conference at Metropolitan Pavilion (through 04.03.01).
- Capture The Growing College Market conference at Metropolitan Pavilion (through 04.03.01).
- mTargeting: the Mobile Generation conference at Metropolitan Pavilion (through 04.03.01).
- Legal Action Center's fundraising cocktail reception at the Empire Hotel.
- A Taste of the Empire, tastings and silent auction of culinary photographs by Alan Batt of Battman Studios, to benefit Citymeals-on-Wheels and Variety - The Children's Charity, at the Empire State Building's 80th floor Sky Lobby.
- Broadcasting & Cable magazine/Salomon Smith Barney's the Big Picture conference on the Changing Media Landscape at the Grand Hyatt.
- Auxiliary of Saint Vincent's Hospital & Medical Center benefit, with dinner at B. Smith's and performance of One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest at the Royale Theatre.
- Cathedral of St. John the Divine's 24th annual Spirit of the City awards gala honoring Rudin Management Company heads and philanthropists Jack and Lewis Rudin, at the cathedral.
- Glimmerglass Opera's spring gala, with cocktails, dinner, musical program and dancing, at the University Club.
- Police Athletic League's A Night in Venice event at Reebok Sports Club.
- Gen Art and Water Theatre Company fundraiser performance by Saturday Night Live cast members at Centro-Fly.
- Children of Bellevue's Toast to the Children food and wine tasting and live and silent auctions at Windows on the World.
- iBreakfast/Mar.com awards luncheon for advertising and marketing campaigns at the Javits Center.
- Ghazalian Inc.'s new media networking event at Spa.
- Blue Hill Troupe benefit performance of Gilbert and Sullivan's Patience to benefit Urban Pathways, at El Museo del Barrio .
- Private press opening of Nativa, PR by Strategic Group.
- March of Dimes - Greater New York Chapter's 26th annual Million Dollar Beauty ball, honoring John Demsey, president of M.A.C. Cosmetics, and Hal Kahn, chairman and CEO of Macy's East, at the Waldorf=Astoria, with DJ Lady Bunny. More about this event...
- Society of Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center's second annual Bridge Tournament luncheon at the Racquet Club.
- Doing Art Together annual benefit dinner, with dancing, honoring Chancellor and Mrs. Harold O. Levy, at the City Athletic Club.
- Eos Orchestra's Music in Motion gala, honoring Mikhail Baryshnikov and featuring a performance with special guests from the Parsons Dance Company, at Metropolitan Pavilion.
- Lower Manhattan Cultural Council annual dinner at Windows on the World.
- Northside Center For Child Development awards gala and auction, featuring entertainment by Vali Music, at the Marriott Marquis.
- Riverkeeper annual benefit at Pier Sixty.
- Manhattan File magazine party at the Rene Lazard store in SoHo, with catering by Robbins Wolfe Eventeurs.
- Emerging Interest and MediaPost Communications' Rich Media Road Show conference at the Crowne Plaza Manhattan.
- Streamedia Communications' Broadband for the Corporate Executive/Accelerated Communications summit at the Sheraton New York.
- Madge.web's First Class to the Web party at Float.
- National Association of Asian American Professionals' Career Development Series 2001: “How To Make a Successful Career Change” at the Mercantile Bar & Grill.
- New York New Media Association's International Special Interest Group meeting at the Canadian Consulate.
- Step Up Women's Network of New York launch party at Chaos featuring entertainment by DJ Samantha Ronson, PR by In 2 It Media.
- Hunter Symhony's 25th anniversary benefit performance at Hunter College Assembly Hall, with reception and dinner at the Union Club.
- Public Education Needs Civic Involvement in Learning's (PENCIL) Principal for A Day program in New York City public schools. More about this event...
- Smirnoff vodka's launch party for its Twist line of flavored vodkas at The Bank, with event management and decor by EventQuest. More about this event...
- Christie's wine sale at Christie's East.
- T.J. Martell Foundation's annual B-Ball Classic at Basketball City at Chelsea Piers.
- VISIONS/Services for the Blind and Visually Impaired theater benefit performance of The Producers at the St. James Theatre.
- New York International Orchid show opening day at the Winter Garden at the World Financial Center (through 04.08.01).
- National Abortion and Reproductive Rights Action League of New York's Champions of Choice awards at the Yale Club.
- Boys Hope/Girls Hope of New York Vision of Hope awards dinner at the Grand Hyatt.
- American Liver Foundation - Greater New York Chapter's Flavors of New York tastings from leading chefs, with honorary chef David Bouley, at the New York Palace.
- Opening reception for the Art Directors Club's third biennial, Young Guns 3 NYC, featuring the work of young New York visual communications artists, at the Art Directors Club Gallery.
- Opening reception for Dale Chihuly exhibition at the Marlborough Gallery, with PR by Fitz & Company.
- Adweek and the Laredo Group's How to Buy & Sell Web Ads conference at the Sheraton New York Hotel & Towers (through 04.06.01).
- Follies opening night at the Belasco Theatre.
- Partnership with Children corporate benefit at Pier Sixty.
- The Collection of Gianni Versace auction at Sotheby's (through 04.07.01).
- SkyForum conference at the Marriott Marquis.
- Breakfast Network Productions' B2B: Success Stories conference at the Digital Sandbox.
- Claremont Center summer camp benefit at the Crane Club.
- Jason Strauss' (of Strategic Group) birthday celebration at Guastavino's, with PR by Strategic Group.
- Anti-Defamation League's cocktails and dinner fund-raiser at the Plaza.
- Celebration of ETrade's new trading and banking center on Madison Avenue, featuring lighting by Levy Lighting.
- Opening reception for Nicholas Jenkins' “Open Horizon& exhibition at Get Real Art.
- Theatre Development Fund's 2001 Irene Sharaff awards cocktail reception and ceremony at the Marriott Marquis.
- Boys Town of Italy's international ball of the year honoring Linda Dano, Vincent Giordano, Joseph Lombardo and Grace Mirabella, with Fox 5's Rosanna Scotto as M.C., at the Waldorf=Astoria, PR by the Saxton Group.
- Corporate Research Group's Strategies For Surviving the Next Wave in eHealth conference at the Metropolitan Hotel.
- Gallery reception for the installation performance piece “So Long Ago I Can't Remember” at GAle GAtes et al., and opening of the GAle GAtes BAr.
- Macy's Barkfast breakfast to benefit the ASPCA and FIDONYC/opening of the Spring Flower Show (through 04.21.01) at Macy's Herald Square.
- One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest opening night at the Royale Theatre.
- XML DevCon 2001 conference at the Marriott Marquis (through 04.11.01).
More past party reports...