Hosts: David Adler, Beth Kormanik
Guest: Larry Cohen
In this episode of GatherGeeks, David Adler, C.E.O. of BizBash, and Beth Kormanik, editor in chief of BizBash, hear from Larry Cohen, the president of marketing agency Axis Promotions, which creates promotional swag for major brands. Cohen discusses why swag has transformed from a derogatory term into an important business tool, and how a well-done promotional product will resonate with attendees for a long time. He shares how swag can be used to build brand awareness, as a call to action, or simply as a thank-you for attendees. Cohen also dives into the different types of swag that are popular today, including “influencer kits,” technology products, drinkware, journals and notebooks, apparel, and more. This episode is a must-listen for anyone who wants to build brand awareness.
Presented by Surkus and the Event Leadership Institute. Running time 36:05.
In This Episode
- Roundtable Discussion [02:18]: why swag used to be a derogatory term; how major brands approach their promotional products; why you don’t need a big budget to make a big impact; how swag can touch on all five senses; why packaging is important
- PPAI's 2017 Market Outlook Report
- BizBash's coverage of corporate gift trends and ideas
Coming Soon to GatherGeeks
- Chris Drury and Jill Taub on Producing Cognitive Events and the Future of Live Business Gatherings
- Behind the Scenes at KPMG’s Event Department