Hosts: David Adler, Beth Kormanik
Guest: Tony Lorenz
In this episode of GatherGeeks, David Adler, C.E.O. of BizBash, and Beth Kormanik, editor in chief of BizBash, hear from Tony Lorenz, C.E.O. of AlliedPRA, a destination management company with presence in 30 locations in North America. The company has been growing through acquisitions in major markets like New York and Nashville, and Lorenz says it’s looking for new targets. Lorenz discusses why D.M.C.s are crucial for planners who work on events out of their home states—and why the services may not get the respect they deserve. He dives into the experiences a company like AlliedPRA offers, including transportation management, activities and tours, backstage passes, and more—and how those services can enhance an event or meeting experience.
Sponsored by pc/nametag and Event Leadership Institute. Running time 45:29.
In This Episode
- Roundtable Discussion: the percentage of planners who work outside of their home states; how D.M.C.s craft local experiences that attendees wouldn't get at home; is there still room in the industry for individual entrepreneurs?; the universal language of the event industry; how technology is used in the D.M.C. sector
- Top 50 Innovative Event Pros 2013: Tony Lorenz http://bit.ly/2G56MBQ
- Follow Tony Lorenz on Twitter twitter.com/tonylorenzbxb
- Follow AlliedPRA on Twitter twitter.com/AlliedPRA
Coming Soon to GatherGeeks
- The Hot List’s Michael Cerbelli
- New Ideas in Ballroom Design