BizBash Names the 68 Most Innovative People in Events
David Stark, Bryan Rafanelli, Bill Heffernan, Suzanne Goin, and David Rock
MAY 10, 2011—In its first “Innovation Issue,” BizBash Media names the 68 most innovative people in the event industry. As the event business sees an influx of new ideas, technologies, and engagement strategies, these are the faces who are changing the face of the event industry. The list includes event planners behind high-profile gatherings like the Grammy Awards after-party, the Toronto International Film Festival, and the wedding of Chelsea Clinton and Marc Mezvinsky, as well as innovative chefs, designers, caterers, venue managers, and other professionals remaking the event world.
“We looked for people who are affecting the way events work today, people who are creating new event models and ways to engage meeting attendees, and people who are at the forefront of how this industry is changing,” said Chad Kaydo, editor in chief of BizBash Media.
The article, “The 68 Most Innovative Event Pros,” is featured in the May/June 2011 issue of the BizBash New York and Los Angeles print and digital editions, revealed today, and will be published in its other market editions—Chicago, Miami/South Florida, Toronto—over the next month. The story goes live on BizBash.com today.
- David Stark, president/creative director, David Stark Design and Production, New York.
- Bryan Rafanelli, founder/president/C.E.O., Rafanelli Events, Boston.
- Bill Heffernan, creative director, Heffernan Morgan Ronsley, Chicago.
- Suzanne Goin, chef and owner, Lucques Catering, Los Angeles.
- David Rockwell, founder and C.E.O., Rockwell Group, New York.
- Tara Back, president, Jack Morton Worldwide, New York.
- Larry Abel & Raymond McCallister, partners, Abel McCallister Designs L.L.C., Los Angeles. André Wells, owner, Events by André Wells, Washington.
- Barbara Lynch, chef and owner, Barbara Lynch Gruppo, Boston.
The digital edition of the New York issue is available online at http://info.bizbash.com/Bicoastal0606NY.html.
Since its founding in 2000, BizBash Media has become the event industry’s leading source for inspiration, smart marketing strategies, and useful tools, helping to revolutionize the ways event professionals get ideas and connect with each other. BizBash serves nine major markets with its trade shows, Web sites, and magazines: Boston, Chicago, Las Vegas, Los Angeles, Miami, Orlando, Toronto, New York, and Washington, D.C. The BizBash National Venue Guide covers an additional nine markets and is the perfect resource for planners to find new venues.
- 30 -
- Brittany Bucceroni
- Director of Marketing
- 115 West 27th St., Floor 8
- New York
- NY, 10001