BizBash Announces The 15 Most Innovative Meetings Of 2016
Google I/O, Greenbuild International Conference & Expo, and the Institute of Food Technologists Annual Meeting & Food Expo Top the List of North America’s Most Innovative Events.
New York, NY—October 17, 2016—Each year, event professionals must develop new solutions and strategies to keep people coming back to their live meetings, trade shows, and conferences. The best of these meetings stand out for the way they creatively encourage collaboration among attendees, use of new technology, or creative programming. BizBash, the leading trade media for event professionals, highlights the most ingenious gatherings of 2016 with its 15 Most Innovative Meetings list.
The top meetings of 2016 include Google, Salesforce, and SAP, each of which have found ways to create effective networking opportunities, personalize massive events, evaluate the effectiveness of events, and attract millennials.
“This group represents the best thinking in how to make meetings relevant, engaging, and useful,” said Beth Kormanik, BizBash executive editor. “The choices come from diverse industries, but they all share the same mindset of innovation.”
The 15 Most Innovative Meetings of 2016 Include:
See who else made the 2016 BizBash list of North America’s 15 Most Innovative Meetings at www.bizbash.com/innovative-meetings-2016.
- Google I/O: Inspired by music festivals, the tech giant reinvented its signature conference to emphasize community and a sense of fun, as well as to educate developers about new Google products. From a festival village to keynotes held in an outdoor amphitheater, the vibe encouraged collaboration and discussion.
- Institute of Food Technologists Annual Meeting & Food Expo: Beacon transmitters located on guest badges were used to collect and analyze attendee locations and dwell times at the various exhibitors. The data will be used to enhance future meetings for organizers, exhibitors, and attendees alike.
- Social Capital Markets Conference: This annual gathering of investors and entrepreneurs is paving the way for more inclusive events by mandatory gender, racial, and ethnic diversity on conference panels.
- South by Southwest: With over 6,000 events in a 10-day experience, the conference simplifies scheduling by using an algorithm to make personal session recommendations to attendees based on their profile, industry, interests, and current location.
- C2 Montreal: Known for its creative networking concepts, this event encouraged intimate conversations by inviting attendees to stroll under shared umbrellas under machine-generated precipitation.
BizBash is North America’s No. 1 event marketplace for content ideas, news, and industry resources. Each month more than 225,000 unique users look to BizBash.com for venue discovery, event style, and tools for their next event. Visit us at www.bizbash.com. Follow us at @BizBash on Twitter and Instagram, or www.facebook.com/bizbash.
- 30 -
- Brittany Bucceroni
- Director of Marketing
- 115 West 27th St., Floor 8
- New York
- NY, 10001