- Additional Staffing, Design, Event Management Amy Kimball Events
- Audiovisual Production A.V. Presentations Inc.
- Catering The Catered Affair
- Decor, Flowers Winston Flowers Boston - Back Bay
- Decor, Furniture Rentals, Linens, Rentals Be Our Guest, Inc.
- Design, Event Management Lynn Dale Events
- DJ, Entertainment, Models ToUch Performance Art
- Invitations, Printing Marquis Design
- Lighting ALPS/Advanced Lighting & Production Services Inc.
- Photography Michael Blanchard Photography
- PR Goodwin Group PR
- Security Citi Performing Arts Center & Shubert Theatre
- Venue Citi Performing Arts Center, Wang Theatre
Search our directory
BOSTON The Boston Lyric Opera opened its 2014-15 season with the Opera Gala on October 10. The black-tie event, which drew some 300 guests, centered on a performance of Verdi's La Traviata, which tells the story of a French courtesan. But entertainment was not limited to the stage of the Citi Performing Arts Center's Schubert Theatre, where the opera took place.
Before the show, gala guests headed to the Citi Performing Arts Center's Wang Theatre—across the street from the Schubert—to have an onstage dinner of French fare inspired by the opera. As guests ate beef bourguignon from the Catered Affair, an aerialist and a singer from the opera's Emerging Artist program appeared on a small, round stage set atop the main stage to perform.
As guests headed across the street after dinner, they were escorted to the opera by dancers dressed as French courtesans. The night ended with an after-party back at the Wang Theatre, where dancers dressed as characters from the storied Moulin Rouge carried on the Parisian theme. Here's a look inside the lively evening, which raised $650,000 for the opera.