Integrating a TV studio into corporate events is becoming a popular way for companies to extend brand awareness beyond the booth.
Businesses that utilize live broadcasts at trade shows, corporate meetings, exhibits, corporate facilities, and themed events, can entertain and entice attendees with customer interviews and news on the company’s hottest new products. VDA Productions first implemented this social engagement design in summer 2013. The Media Hub was created as part of a global tradeshow for more than 14,000-plus attendees in Las Vegas.
This type of immersive environment for traditional and social media engagement includes:
- TV studio for live streaming and interviews
- Stage for Q&A
- Invitation only press room
- Comfortable soft seating areas for blogging
- LED monitors that presented attendees with continuous information loops
- Twitter feeds of interviews and product updates and news on research and new products
David G. Breen, founder and principal designer at VDA Productions, said: “The Media Hub was a centralized location for social media engagement and information sharing. It was developed to mimic the look and feel of the rest of our designs and the overall show floor theme, feeding the need to provide a tech-savvy environment specifically dedicated to real-time engagement. The Media Hub provided a forum for building long-term relationships with the attendee via an online community, and not just within the confines of the physical event space.”
Recently, major players in marketing, branding, and social media commented on industry trends they predict will grow in the next year or two that reflect this model, some of which included:
- A large push for brands to purchase media companies in order to more quickly build their customer base.
- New tools will allow companies to reach customers in real time and accommodate them more efficiently by creating a smoother transition as marketing content goes from creation to publication.
- Future marketers will more frequently incorporate videos, humor, pictures, and a human-interest element into their messages.
- Visual storytelling will also be used more frequently to inspire staff and customers and to facilitate greater brand recognition.
The corporate TV studio and stage set pulls together both concepts of branding and marketing in the best possible and most innovative and effective way. This gives companies a way to take control of brand awareness and engage in a highly social environment.