10 Most Anticipated Chicago Venues for Meetings and Events
The hotels, conference spaces, restaurants, cultural spaces, and more slated to open in Chicago—with a special focus on the West Loop—for events and entertaining.
CHICAGO—Looking for a new venue for your next event? Here are the most anticipated Chicago restaurants, corporate event venues, hotels, conference centers, and party rooms slated to open soon in or near the West Loop. These new and renovated Chicago venues will accommodate groups large or small for private and corporate events, conferences, meetings, weddings, business dinners, teambuilding activities, cocktail parties, and more.
1. DineAmic Hospitality—the restaurant group behind popular Restaurant Row eateries Bar Siena, Prime & Provisions, and Bandit—is planning on a yet-to-be-named 8,000-square-foot restaurant at 905 West Fulton Market to be completed by the third quarter of 2020.
2. After several delays, Nobu Hotel Chicago is expected to debut in spring 2020. Robert De Niro and partners chef Nobu Matsuhisa and film producer Meir Teper are launching the highly anticipated 115-room hotel. It will have 3,245 square feet of meeting and event space including a 10th-floor ballroom that holds 150 guests.
3. Meeting and conference space operator Convene is set to open its fourth location in Chicago at 333 North Green Street in the Fulton Market District in spring 2020. The 40,000-square-foot venue will have seven meeting spaces and offer on-site catering. It will be able to hold events for as many as 340 people.
4. Chef José Andrés’s ThinkFoodGroup with Chicago’s Gibsons Restaurant Group plans to open several concepts within 17,200 square feet in a new office tower at 110 North Wacker Drive along the Chicago River in the West Loop. Plans call for a fine-dining restaurant, cocktail bar, and catering service. The project is slated to open in October 2020.
5. The dual-branded Hyatt House Hotel/Hyatt Place is transforming the old 345,000-square-foot Beaux Arts-style Cook County Hospital at 1835 West Harrison Street. The hotel, slated to open this spring, will offer 210 guest rooms, a restaurant, and meeting space; the site will also house medical offices, apartments, and retail space.
6. Gioia Ristorante & Pastificio is opening an Italian restaurant at 1133 West Randolph Street that is planned for spring 2020.
7. Ever is the new highly anticipated restaurant by chef Curtis Duffy and general manager Michael Muser (formerly of Michelin-star restaurant Grace). The 6,000-square-foot restaurant is located at 1330 West Fulton Market and slated for a spring 2020 opening. It will feature 12- and 15-course tasting menus.
8. Plans are underway for a yet-to-be-named restaurant featuring Croation-Italian fare by Joe Flamm, the former Spiaggia chef and Top Chef season 15 winner. The location is near the Time Out Market at 936 West Fulton Market, pegged to open by summer.
9. The fitness brand Equinox has announced plans to open a Chicago location of the Equinox Hotel. The 165-room luxury property, located at 725 West Randolph Street, will have a health club and spa on site. Initially planned to open in 2021, its website now says it's coming in 2023.
10. With a soft opening slated for February 29, indie bookstore Madison Street Books is located at 1127 West Madison Street in the West Loop. The 1,700-square-foot space is the first community bookstore in the area and also features a loft.