6 Last-Minute Ideas for Holiday Parties in Washington
As we enter the thick of the corporate holiday party season, here are some ideas and resources for food, entertainment, gifts, and more.
1. Poshbooth provides on-site digital photo booths for company events and parties all over the Washington area. For the holidays, Poshbooth is offering a special holiday package that includes up to four hours' service, free delivery and setup, an on-site technician, a custom holiday logo on prints, unlimited photos, and online password-protected Web hosting of all photos for purchase. Pricing starts at $1,400, with a variety of other options available.
2. H. Bloom is a new subscription-based floral delivery service that also offers flower arrangements à la carte. For the holidays, the company has a range of seasonal designs that start under $100, including a red-on-red bouquet and a green and white mix of roses, gerbera daisies, and greenery. Pricing includes delivery.
3. For anything from a large corporate event to an intimate gathering, the Georgetown Safeway now provides a wide range of hors d’oeuvres, entrées, platters, and dips. Prices start at $45 for hors d’oeuvre and entrée platters, $45 for dips and spreads, and $11 per person for box lunches. In addition to food, the catering department can also arrange for custom menu planning, black-tie waitstaff, rentals of china, linens, and tents, as well as bakery and floral services.
4. Chef David Guas opened his new Louisiana-themed Bayou Bakery in November, and many of his sweet treats are available for takeout for desserts or party favors. His Heavenly Hash ($2) is a chocolate confection made with pecan and marshmallows, while the pralines ($2) are available in three varieties: traditional, chocolate, and chicory. Guas also sells jars of spiced pecans ($4), which can complement a cheese board or serve as a bar snack.
5. Dangerously Delicious Pies is offering a variety of sweet and savory pies through the holidays. Selections include pecan and chocolate peanut butter chess, steak and chili, and the Thanksgiving leftover pie, which contains turkey, stuffing, gravy, and cranberry sauce. The pies are available for preorder starting at $32 for sweet and $35 for savory. Delivery is available for large orders at an additional cost.
- Featured Venues/Suppliers: