A New Point of View on Green Holiday Gatherings
Lead and inspire with green planning.
The impact of a hotel meeting or event venue’s carbon footprint often falls off the radar when planning around the busy holidays. However, there is a way to give the gift of green back during this holiday season. Diablo Valley leads the way in green and offers insider tips to create environmental friendly events.
Diablo Valley’s two largest hotels, the Hilton Concord and the Crowne Plaza, offer green events that reduce the impact on the environment during the holiday season. The Hilton Concord won the 2014 Green Building award and was nominated for the Green Business Leaders award. For meeting planners whose clients take pride in sustainability, this venue is ideal and comes with an honorable achievement. The Crowne Plaza Concord has programs such as the “Green Engage” water and energy reduction program. This allows planners to make a commitment to greener and more environmentally responsible events on behalf of the entire group.
What may be the “greenest” and most spectacular venue for holiday events sits at 3,849 feet at the summit observation deck on Mount Diablo. Planners can incorporate the summit experience into a holiday event and raise the bar for green gatherings and giving back to clients.
To make all plans possible, Diablo Valley is giving back to planners this season. Planners can win a $250 gift card or donation to a charity, and the “Book With Benefits” incentive benefits the venue, clients, and the planner. Whether the decision is a green hotel or natural event space for holiday occasions, the following insider tips apply:
- Support a destination with convenient and accessible public transit like the BART (Bay Area Rapid Transit).
- Book meetings at award-winning green hotels and save time researching green guidelines.
- Green hotels save on energy costs, which help keep nightly rates down.
- Use alternative transportation and schedule a hotel shuttle to/from public transportation.
- Book car-free tourism for holiday events. For example, the Napa Valley Wine Train Shuttle Bus leaves daily from Diablo Valley to the luxurious Napa Wine Train for an all-aboard train tour through Napa Valley.
- Host paperless meetings and host events with a recycling system.
- Balance indoor meetings with off-premise events outdoors.
Do something impactful this holiday season and experience each insider tip by booking Diablo Valley’s leading green hotels or the Mount Diablo experience at diablovalleyca.com. Environmentally responsible planners offer a gift that keeps giving through green holiday gatherings.