4 West Hollywood Area Restaurants With Spacious Patios
Spring has begun—which means even more alfresco dining around town. Here are four spots with spacious patios near West Hollywood for groups to soak up the warmer weather.
1. In a partnership with SBE and Mina Group Inc., chef Michael Mina opened his first L.A. restaurant, XIV, in October in the former Privilege space. Designed by Philippe Starck, the $12 million restoration was meant to evoke the drama and opulence of a European chateau. A modern exterior includes a luxe patio, complete with a large marble-topped bar, teak benches, and whimsical touches such as wheelbarrow-shaped chairs.
2. The first U.S. location of London-based Cecconi’s opened in West Hollywood in February. A terrace holds 52, and large windows in the dining room look on to the spacious patio. Inspired by the original location, the design features the signature palette of blue, black, and white, both outside and in. Custom tufted leather banquettes provide seating, while gilded mirrors and tile floors round out the decor. The restaurant specializes in classic Italian cuisine and includes ingredients from the local farmers market.
3. Opened a year ago, BLT Steak accommodates up to 38 guests on its sunny, spacious patio with a view of lively Sunset Boulevard. The restaurant features design by Michael Bagley and has a palette of earth tones, with Macassar ebony tables, caramel-colored banquettes, and walnut floors. Black-and-white prints of Hollywood icons dot the walls.
4. Another SBE-owned property, the Bazaar at SLS Hotel by Jose Andres, offers a cozy outdoor space with plush seating accented with books and pictures. Guests can peer at views of Los Angeles from the terrace of the restaurant while dining on delicacies such as Iberico ham and a gourmet take on the Philly cheese steak from roving carts. Philippe Starck designed the space, which is based on a modern-day European piazza. The terrace holds 40 for seated events or 60 for receptions.
- Featured Venues/Suppliers: