12 Creative New Ways to Promote Hashtags at Events
From splashing prompts on seating cards and menus, to scrawling them in lipstick or cake icing, here's how to encourage guests to engage on social media.
They may have been introduced more than three years ago, but hashtags remain a cheap, easy, and effective way to build engagement and awareness on social media—and event pros are continually coming up with creative ways to promote them. From messages as small as seating cards to hashtags as large as billboards, here's a look at some new ideas to spark social media engagement at your next event.
1. Put Them Where Guests Snap Pics
2. Place Them Where Guests Can't Miss Them
3. Add Them to Activities
4. Use Them to Encourage Interaction
5. Create Subliminal Reminders
6. Put Them Where Guests Are Likely to Linger
7. Offer Rewards for Using Them
8. Pick a Medium That Gets Them Noticed
9. Make Them Public—In a Big Way
10. Supply the Technology
11. Make It Edible
12. Make Them Selfie-Friendly
- Featured Venues/Suppliers: