5 Ideas for Luxury Entertaining in Los Angeles
These five gifts, experiences, and activities have a luxurious feel but most won't break the bank.
1. AsweeT is a new clothing and candy boutique in Beverly Hills that offers apparel for men, women, and children in a fanciful setting, plus a vast array of confections like gourmet, handcrafted truffles, chocolates, and gummy bears and butterflies. To treat a special client or guest, AsweeT customizes pre-made gift baskets to match any themed event, occasion, or color palette. Large gift baskets start at $75, and small baskets start at $65. AsweeT also offers off-site event catering.
2. For a flavorful and educational experience, book the Cheese Handler. Paige Handler chooses cheeses for events based on clients' curiosity and tastes. After creating the menu, she picks pairing items like bread, jam, fruit, and vegetables. Handler also makes wine suggestions for groups to purchase on their own. She arrives at an event with the goodies and goes through each, giving history, science, and any other related information, including flavor profiles. Expect to spend about $50 per person.
3. If time is short, treat a group to a spa experience that is both luxurious and convenient. Manicures R Mobile is a new mobile spa service serving the Los Angeles area. The company offers a range of services, including hard-to-find specialized services, like splashy Minx nail decals, which cost as much as $160 for manicure and pedicure application. The menu also includes European and organic facials, therapeutic massages ($180 to $230), face and body waxing ($20 to $110), and spray tanning using Socialite Airbrush Tanning ($150). Manicures R Mobile also offers set and customizable packages for special events.
4. In May, Malibu Grapes kicked off regularly scheduled wine tasting tours through the Santa Monica Mountains. The Malibu Wine Trail tour offers sampling of award-winning wines in intimate, family-owned tasting rooms. Pickups are available at designated hotels in Santa Monica and Malibu from Thursday through Sunday, and specific pick-up points can be arranged upon request. Malibu Grapes also offers private reserved tours, which can be customized for groups of six to 24 people. If a group requires exclusive use of Malibu Grapes' luxury vehicle for a tour, the minimum charge is $994 for six guests.
5. Los Angeles-based Established Group is a 24-hour concierge service and membership club for individuals and corporations. Co-founded by childhood friends Karl Singer and Daniel Traisman, the company was established last summer and launched nationwide this summer, offering members assistance with airfare (private and commercial), access to hotels and nightlife, private events, sporting and concert tickets, restaurants, tailored chauffeur and rental car services, and spa and fitness experiences. Partners include the Chateau Marmont, as well as other locations nationwide.
- Featured Venues/Suppliers: