2016 Preview: 10 Most Anticipated Miami/South Florida Venues for Meetings and Events
The conference spaces, eateries, drinking spots, and more slated to open in Miami/South Florida for events and entertaining next year.
Looking for a new venue to host your next event? Here are the most anticipated Miami/South Florida restaurants, corporate event venues, hotels, conference centers, and party rooms to open next year. These new and renovated Miami/South Florida venues will accommodate groups large or small for private and corporate events, conferences, meetings, weddings, business dinners, teambuilding activities, cocktail parties, and more.
1. The $275 million Patricia and Phillip Frost Museum of Science will debut in the summer, opening in downtown's new 40-acre Museum Park. The 250,000-square-foot facility, designed by Grimshaw Architects, will include a 231-seat planetarium, a 600,000-gallon aquarium, indoor and outdoor space for science exhibits, and meeting and event rooms. The main gallery will hold 800 for receptions.
2. The luxury hotel Conrad Fort Lauderdale Beach is scheduled to open in February. The 290-room property will have ample indoor and outdoor meeting and event space including the 4,770-square-foot Ocean Ballroom, which will hold 400 guests for receptions or seat 340 theater-style. The property will also have an ocean-facing swimming pool, four restaurants, and a 4,000-square-foot spa and fitness center.
3. Hilton West Palm Beach will be the first hotel in South Florida that’s connected to a convention center when it opens later this month. The 400-room hotel, attached to the Palm Beach County Convention Center, will offer 24,000 square feet of meeting space including the 13,000-square-foot Oceana Ballroom, which will be the largest hotel ballroom in the county. For outdoor events, there will be a resort-style pool with a deck for receptions and three event lawns: two that each measure 2,400 square feet and can be used together, as well as a 4,000-square-foot lawn in the front of the hotel.
4. The 350-room Nobu Hotel at Eden Roc Miami Beach is slated to open in the spring. The luxury property will take over Eden Roc’s Legendary Tower following a renovation and will include a Nobu restaurant and bar, meeting and event space, and spa and fitness facilities. David Rockwell of the Rockwell Group is leading the design.
5. Sofitel Miami converted to Pullman Miami Airport hotel in late November, the first location of the Pullman brand to open in North America. Pullman, from French hospitality company AccorHotels, is an upscale brand and plans to open in other United States markets. The 281-room Miami property is undergoing a renovation slated to finish this spring and will have 11,000 square feet of meeting and event space. Its Monte Carlo Ballroom will seat 600 theater-style or 380 banquet-style.
6. Miami Supercar Rooms—billed as an auto art gallery and gourmet dining experience—opens in Wynwood in February. Founded by Elo, the owner of London Motor Museum, the stateside venue will feature a collection of classic, exotic, sports, and custom vehicles. The 13,000-square-foot space will hold 300 for receptions and will be available for events Monday through Thursday. On weekend evenings, guests can reserve one of six aluminum “pods” on a patio that each seats six guests. The venue will have a different restaurant partner each month and book only one seating per pod each night.
7. The One Group, which developed the stylish steak house chain STK, is introducing a new concept, STK Rebel. The new brand will introduce a broader menu and features such as an in-house DJ. The concept will make its debut in the ME by Meliá hotel in early 2016. Other cities slated for STK Rebel locations are Austin, Texas, Denver, San Diego, and Edinburgh.
8. New to downtown Miami is the 126-room Langford Hotel, a boutique property preparing to open soon. The 12-story property—once the Miami National Bank building—has been designated a historic landmark by the National Register of Historic Places. After a renovation, the hotel will include a new restaurant, PB Station, by the popular Pubbelly Restaurant Group, as well as a rooftop lounge called Pawn Broker that will hold 150 for receptions. There also will be a two-story, 1,400-square-foot penthouse.
9. For fitness devotees, SoulCycle South Beach opened December 30 in Miami Beach. It’s the New York-based spinning studio’s second location in South Florida and offers 54 bikes in the 2,600-square-foot space. Its amenities include men’s and women’s locker rooms that include showers, as well as a boutique with SoulCycle merchandise.
10. Opening in early 2016 is Campton Yard, a 5,000 square-foot backyard bar and lounge set under a large banyan tree. The casual venue is located at the Hall South Beach hotel, a new 163-room renovated Art Deco property from hospitality company Joie de Vivre. The menu offers “beach bites,” local beers, and craft cocktails, and an array of outdoor games adds to the space’s social vibe.
Correction: The square footage of Miami Supercar Rooms has been updated.
- Featured Venues/Suppliers: